New Stadiums in Colombia...WOW!!!!

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Argentine Futbol, Jun 28, 2005.

1. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Alright to get this back on topic, it is nice to see that Dep. Cali is getting a different stadium than America. It looks nice, and quite modern. As of now what is the best stadium all round in Colombia? I would guess Metropolitano, nut the field doesnt alwasys look so sharp.
    ^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

2. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    I know this happens all over, but why gotta talk about my Ecuador and about Chile for no reason? What did we do to get brought up in this dumb topic?? If anything, you are probably one of those terrorist. Do whatever you want in your land, just keep taht terrorist crap outside Ecuador. :D

3. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    [​IMG]

Is it construction done already?

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    they wanted it ready in may I believe, but they pushed it back, and won't open it till december I think, it may be ready before then, but Cali will finish playing this year in "el Pascual."

Pascual Guerrero is owned by the City of Cali, not América, as are the majority of stadiums in Colombia.

5. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Im glad you were able to stay in Lima and have some fun, and i'm sorry it wasnt up to your standards. But hey, its South America... what else do you expect? But i'm also glad you werent fearing for your life. Unlike my uncle, as a Peruvian, he went to Medellin two months ago to visit a few chicks he met here in NY. Don't get me wrong, he went to a very upscale place in Medellin, I forget the name of the barrio, but he said it was upscale and the place he was staying was a city within a city, In other words, it was like these high rise buildings surrounded by a fort, with security guards everywhere.
    When they would go out at night, they could only stay out till 12 am and the parts of Medellin they could go were very limited. He was even warned about telling anybody he was coming from NY. Nevertheless he said he had a good time.. even with all of colombia's shortcomings. He also did mention about the ghettos in that area (again, i forget the name of the barrio), he said he saw the same in Lima, but there it seemed alot worse, it was pretty shocking to him... and shocking ot me, seeing that he lived in Peru more than I did and saw more ghettos than I did, so for him to be shocked at the poverty there was surprising. Maybe because he didn't expect it... maybe because his colombian friends and co-workers had painted a different picture for him, and as he put it "now they can't tell me what colombia is all about." Anyways, poverty is everywhere... but to fear for your life on a constant basis is probably something of another world, maybe only could be lived in colombia. Thank God in Peru we don't have to worry about... other than just your average crime thats involved in all of South America. Another quick thing that comes to mind is that he was shocked to see a little blue eyed blonde haired young girl with dirty clothes on, obviously poor, selling arepas on the streets.

6. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    hmm that seems odd...anyways what would I expect from another ecuadorian liar. But if you wanna compare Peruvian tourism with ecuadorian tourism (does it exist?), it would just be a joke. :D

7. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    Transportation in South America is Prehistoric caveman work compare to South Korea and Japan.

8. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Mire Peru..ni ud ni yo sabemos que paso con toda esa plata..entonces si mejor dejemolo asi por qu eponerse hablar sin saber es medio complicado. Pero decir que los equipos hoy en dia la usan es hablar mentiras. Si habla de que paso con la gente de los Carteles los mataron y otros estan en carcel y otros en EU. Ahora escuche que a Peru le pueden quitar la sede del mundial u17...por que?.
    __________________-
    Colombia podria hacer un estadio solo tiene los suficientes estadios para hacerlo (y suficientemente grandes) pero sabemos que hacer un mundial ahora no era como antes que era mucho mas facil ahora ya piden hasta estadios nuevos.

9. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    es verdad...creo que hay un "highway" llamado la via panamericana o algo asi pero esa cosa es muy fea.

10. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    Well ask your uncle what's the name of the barrio. Because Uribe wouldn't allow a "fortress" in his own city since a national security is his mayor policy. Don't know why there would be a "fortress" in Medellin since there are no guerrillas in Medellin. So go ahead and ask your uncle. Did you hear about what happended in Peru? looks like the people want him out..there are protest everywhere now right?

11. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    what would should I expect from another turkey with no ba-lls! :D
    no stop getting off topic before a mod hands you your ass.

12. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    si vamos a hablar sin paja ahorita ningun pais sur de S.A. esta en condiciones como para ser sede de un mundial o una vaina asi , todos estamos jodidos, tal vez colombia sea el ke esta ahorita mejor economicamente pero = :eek:

13. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    El mejor pais economicamente es Brazil y Chile...Brazil tiene una de las economias mas grandes del mundo...es la mejor economia en latino America.

14. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    = hay pobreza = ke en toda S.A. man :rolleyes:

15. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    si yo se....solo le pongo las cosas claritas.. para evitar confusion :D

16. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    I was surprised too.

But Koreans hate the Japanese with a passion, some old WWII stuff, and they managed to pull it off so I don't know. I guess where there's money, there's a way.

17. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    :rolleyes:

What did they say about our puppy kicking?

18. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    they said it was one of the ugliest things they saw... :rolleyes: but the people actually using drugs outside the terminal is what scared them half to death.

19. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    Brazil could very well host it...si algo sobra en brasil son estadios... same thing in argentina but you have to build at least ONE new stadium for a WC, its an unwritten rule, so money would be an obstacle in argentina right now. Chile has a very stable economy and i believe could finance a WC but i dont know what their situation with already existing stadiums is.

expanding the analysis to the rest of latin america, we all know the caribean and central america's situation, they can barely manage an UNCAF nations cup. Mexico could also host it, money where futbol is concerned is not a problem, existing stadiums are also no problem, infrastructure is also very good, but its pointless to say since i doubt FIFA would let us host a third one when so many countries that could also finance it (Australia, china, canada, england, switzerland, sweeden, certain middle eastern countries, etc) havent hosted it in decades or at all, especially with this rotation they have going on itll be another 15 (?) years before concacaf is up i think.

20. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I want the WC in South America because that way the host team automatically qualifies. That makes it 6 teams to the WC. :) But, I know that the only countries that are capable of hosting are few, if any. Anyone think that Venezuela could host? They have a good economy, and would be even better if they would sell Oil to the US for $100 a barrel :D

21. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Ok i'll ask him exactly the name of the barrios he saw... all I remember though he said the ghettos were on the mountains when he took the "MetroLinea" or something like that, its a cart that travels along cords between mountains, because the area is so mountaneous with a bunch of valleys and while riding those carts he saw the ghettos atop the mountains and when he went down while driving around it he saw it up close, shanty towns with little huts had plastic roofs or some $hit like that.
    Where he stayed it was a "fortress" as he put it. The building complext was surrounded by walls with security guards carrying machine guns... i'll ask him the exact name of the neighborhood he stayed in.
    What happened in Peru? I'm not aware of any disturbances or anything like that.

22. luisbarca15

luisbarca15 New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    o cambiarle el petroleo a fidel por caña de azucar :rolleyes: porque chavez lo unico ke sabe hacer es cagarl@ :D

23. JuanArango82

JuanArango82 New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Guatire, Venezuela
    This is going to get the rest of Venezuelan upset but...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You would think that having all that oil would have helped our cause.

24. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C
    I believe that...those ghettos are called Comunas. ;) next time you see a game from a team from Medellin check for banners that usually say Comuna 17 and crap like that...

25. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Amazing that a sh1t club can have such a great stadium...too bad, they'll never win anything !