New stadium rumor [R]

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by WarrenWallace, Aug 1, 2002.

1. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coloring is fun!!

[Special Ed voice] I wanna go to Hawaii!! Yaaay!! Yaaay!! I wanna go to Hawaii!! Yaaay!! [/Special Ed voice] :D

That's navy , for those of you playing at home...

2. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    can we stay on topic here and forget the silly adventures trying out new colors.

3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're no fun. :(

4. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Portland, Oregon!
    Someone should just spill the green beans about what cities are targets for the Burn. That might illuminate the discussion a great deal.

Galaxy

[color=cloudy jade]Clash[/color]

Damn, no forest green? Lousy bums. So how did cloudy jade work... or did it?

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, how about it, Viking? No need to name sources, just give us an idea of what towns are involved.

6. Paul Schmidt

Paul Schmidt Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Portland, Oregon!
    [color=forest green]Know what I noticed? "Forest Green" comes out reddish.[/color]

So is the system operating on some semblance of full text? Or is it like the first three letters?

Or is it like the many moods of Diego Serna?

Or as creative as Zidane?

Or have I found the ultimate random color generator?

Getting droning?

It should. This particular torture should continue until we get more concrete answers (brick and steel will suffice)

...and I appear to be a copper or brown or thereabouts.

7. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    last time I saw this many colors, I licked a frog

If MLS drops a team in OK, I'll stop watching forever because I know these guys don't have a long term plan. North Dallas is too remote for anyone not in dallas or palo pinto county. Carrolton is perfect.

8. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    Re: last time I saw this many colors, I licked a frog

But theGrapevine Mills Area is perfect.

Texas fight! Texas fight! Beat OU!

I'm an addict already. Now if I could jus get a twirling Wu-Tang Clan symbol on my profile, life would be grand.

9. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    One for sure is Grapevine, we knew that. The other two are unsure, because of the uneven boundaries of the cities. Farmers Branch, Carrollton, and Addison are all joined together in the north-northwest Dallas area. Depending on what intersection you are talking about, it could be any of them. But the agency with the taxing authority is the negotiator.

It's amazing that the two cities and MLS have managed to keep the potential location under cover. But, there's a direct financial interest in keeping them secret, so I'm not going to blow the whole deal by telling, and driving up the price of the land, or giving opposition a chance to mobilize.

10. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I certainly can see why you want to stay mum on the subject. The last thing any of us would want to see is the project fail because it was sunk by leaked information.

However, if the city itself (and not MLS or another private party) is aquiring the land, it won't be possible for them to keep this totally under wraps for too much longer.

While most of the city's discussions could be held under private session, at some point the city council would need to publically bring out the fact that it was looking into purchasing land for a stadium, hold public hearing(s), and then hold a vote in public on whether or not to proceed with the purchase.

11. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

you are too smmall to blow thing from the univ.... Damn..I'm really drunk!! :D

12. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    Drunk @ 7AM? Geez you start early!