New Scotland 3rd kit

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by markdickson, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Mr McG

Mr McG New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    California
    I think it looks good, actually. Simple, without a lot of stupid decorative effects. And its not Salmon.

2. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Exactly how many teams are there in international football who wear a white/blue outfit that would necessitate Scotland wearing a 3rd kit?

It's not so bad though... shame we couldn't have got a few pink squares on it and gone for a Battenburg cake look :)

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd buy one...if I could find it in the US for a good price.

4. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the united states, for one. ;)

5. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    The current USA national team kit?

[​IMG]

Not going to clash with a dark blue Scotland top...

6. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the usa away kit is blue. scotland wears blue at home. that is a clash.

7. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    is scotland planning on playing the us before new kits are designed

8. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Soccer kits arent really home and away. Soccer teams wear their first shirt at all times, unless they are playing away to a team whose uniform clashes. Perhaps the US team is the only team that actually consider their kits "home" and "away" due to its tradition of doing so in all professional sports.
    That being said, the Scotland 3rd kit does look pretty nice, although most national teams dont really have a 3rd kit anyway! :eek:

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    As Randy said, if the USA played Scotland anywhere in the world they'd normally wear their main kit (white one above). If the USA turned up in their blue kit then Scotland could wear their white one.
    Nae clash.

10. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then please inform me, what is the point in a third kit? i always thought that it was just an excuse to change things up a bit when a team with similar away colors to the team's home shirt comes to town. (at least thats how it seems in us sport)

btw, there have been talks in the past year between the ussf and scotland about a friendly. they were set to play over here last year, but pulled out for some reason. i wouldn't be surprised if they play each other sometime next year.

11. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Third kits arent even used much at all in international competition. Again, Im surprised Scotland even has a 3rd kit. Clubs use them a lot more. There are cases where even your second kit wont clash with the home team's kit enough, so the third kit comes in. Plus...they just plain look cool! ;)

12. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Won't Scotland need the 3rd kit against Italy?

13. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, they could just use the 2nd kit. It is still white, isnt it? Or maybe not...but the third kit would clash the best, so perhaps yes, they could use it.

14. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    regardless, it is a nice looking kit and if i were the scots, i'd use any excuse i could to at least wear it once.

15. nyquil

nyquil Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I like it a lot but they could have made the Griffin and cross of St. Andrew a little larger.

Speaking of the US kit, I can not find any info on a red top, have they ever played in one. I am only asking cause Sam's ARmy wants people to wear red tops to games and d love to wear a US jersey.

Maybe I'll just have to drop $90 on getting a Rangers third kit.

16. rauld10

rauld10 Member

Dec 7, 2000
    Sarasota, FL
    U.S. red shirts:
    second jersey 1998 World Cup
    second jersey 2002 World Cup Qualifying

17. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    :eek: IT'S A SCOTLAND KIT NOT A WELSH ONE . IT'S A LION RAMPANT NOT A GRIFFIN :eek:

It's not a bad top but I think the white away one is better looking . Got my new Scotland Collection Catalogue today . This third kit looks too much like the Home Keepers top .

18. nyquil

nyquil Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I dont quite see a problem here. It is the cross of St. Andrew, one of Scotland's flags. Am I overlooking something?

19. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Not questioning that part of your post , just taking the piss on you calling the Lion Rampant a Griffin .

20. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

the purpose of more than one kit is to sell more jerseys. The more they have, the more people will buy. It is the same reason many teams change at least one part of one of their kits every year. Marketing...

21. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
  22. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The Keeper top
    [​IMG]

new 3rd top
    [​IMG]

too much alike

23. markdickson

markdickson New Member

May 7, 2001
    Dumfries, Scotland
    Going for Goald

Scotland will be wearing it against Hungary on Wednesday, but according to the SFA, it's gold not yellow!