New RSL Lion Crest

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by BG86, Oct 30, 2011.

1. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know some of you are really good at photo shop, can one of you take these images (thanks 15 to 32 for posting them on another thread) and replace the STL with RSL? I would really like to see us use this crest more and not just for acquiring new season ticket holders.
    Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if someone doesnt do it by tonight i'll give it a whirl, im way to damn hungover right now to try.

randomly tangentially related: people wonder why we dont have the electronic boards around the field, here is RSL's official word "
    @RealSaltLake
    Real Salt Lake
    @carvajfc the digital LED sign board systems cost $1.5-2.0 million to purchase, install and implement"

anyone got a couple mill lying around they want to donate?

3. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad RSL does not have LED sign boards around the field and hope they never do. They are terribly distracting to try to watch a match with moving pictures in the background.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel this way too
    I wonder what the players opinions are on them. It seems they would be distracting on a cross

5. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like those flat ads they put next to the goals in other leagues. The way it's drawn make it appear 3D and players don't have to worry about smacking into a sign board after a run.

On topic: You can find better quality photos of the STH crest on the website. It's obvious, but I'm just putting it out there.

6. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    That should be on your future jersey

7. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the "RSL" crest that is on our jerseys now but I would like to see more use of this crest and ditch the original "Real" crest.

8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this
    I don't know why we still use the stupid "real" crest. Why do we have a different crest on our jerseys from the jacket I buy at the store?

9. Hardtcore

Hardtcore Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not all have the "ReAL" crest. It's about 50/50 with all items. Some things have the crest we all love, some don't.

Just gotta be extra picky with stuff. Which can suck if you like a jaket that has the wrong logo :(

10. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The ReAL logo's purpose is building a "Franchise Recognition"(Don't know how else to put it). 5 years ago it would have been a bad idea to use the RSL logo as our main because it's tough to build "FR" on a picture (I know a ton of people who didn't realize the RSL logo is made up of 3 letters the first time they saw it).

I believe that it would now be appropriate to phase out the ReAL logo due to the team having been recognized as a part of this state/area.

Understand what I mean?

11. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I contacted the team store a year ago and asked them why they didn't have more gear (specifically flags) in the "RSL" crest and I got the following response:

"There are no future plans to have any flags with that crest as
    per the majority of the clientele looks for the complete crest; if we were
    to manufacture a unique flag with the crest attached we would have to
    submit an order for a minimum of 1200 pieces and we are unfortunately
    unable to make that kind of commitment!"

I disagree that the majority of clientele looks for the "Real" crest. I think most fans like the "RSL" crest and would also like to see gear with this "Lion" crest. If you feel the same way as me please email Brett Fischer (team store rep) at bfischer@realsaltlake.com.

I would probably buy double the RSL gear if it all had the "RSL" and this "Lion" crest.

12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed
    I love the new yellow windbreaker but hate that it has the stupid "real" crest on it. If it were just the RSL crest I'd have bought it about 2 months ago

13. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd buy double the gear BG86? :eek: I'm guessing you're as addicted as most of the rest of us, and it would probably be tough to double what you've got. :)

I have six jerseys, two polo shirts, two t-shirts, several scarves, a sweatshirt . . . and everyone in my immediate and extended family has stuff I bought at some point since 2005. Add that stuff up over the last seven seasons and I bet you have an impressive stash as it is.

14. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Are you talking about either one of these?Because I agree.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Boanerges

Boanerges Member

Apr 13, 2007
    West Valley,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to go to bed and hopped onto Kall 700 to listen to the interview with Nat when I saw a good sized add with the Lion Crest on it. 30min later I have a decent, cleaned up version of the crest. What really needs to happen is for someone to turn it into a vector drawing. I don't do vectors though. That's on my list of "to learn" things though. (the star needs a little help, but I'm too tired. Maybe later)

[​IMG]
    Maybe I'll do this on a pumpkin next year!

16. Ender16

Ender16 Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did the RSL one this year :)

17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes
    I would have both of those already if they had the RSL crest on them
    As is, I have the all red jacket (with yellow piping) that is getting me by for now.

18. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone can clean up the star and replace the STL with RSL that would be sweet! I would do it myself if I could.

19. keeptheslinrsl

Mar 17, 2008
    Section 26!
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a website called vectormagic.com that does a pretty good job of vectorizing.

20. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here's my 5 minute photoshop
    [​IMG]

21. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got bot the red jacket 15 to 32 is talking about, and that grey one. While I'm not a fan of the ReAL part, I loved the design of the grey one too much to pass it up during discount day.

22. BG86

BG86 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks great! Let's use this FO!

23. elrey

elrey Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake

that looks bad ass. but it will Take an act of God for the FO to adopt it!!!

24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never really liked the whole lion mascot idea for RSL. Maybe 'cuz I think lions are basically lazy animals and I tend to assoicate them with the Cowardly Lion in the "The Wizard of Oz".

Of course, this is just beating the proverbial "cavallo morto", but if instead of naming the team Real Salt Lake, if Checketts had named the team the Utah Highlanders, we could have had a Scottish claymore on the crest. That would have really been cool (that and having fans runninng around the stadium wearing kilts too). I'm just saying.......

25. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that ship sailed a long long time ago. Give it up.

I think I'm right when I say we consider non-regulars on this forum to be trolls when they bring talk about our team name and mascots around here. Good thing you are a regular.