New Revs employee now on BigSoccer

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Riders and Rebels are currently working with other East Coast supporters groups to get this off the ground.

It was pushed hard last year by the NE Supporters groups but the dots couldn't be connected in time. Hopefully this season will be different.

2. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Interesting. Saw this on Boston.com a little earlier today, "Dream On" is being considered for the official state song of Massachusetts. Kind of stupid (why does there have to be an official state everything?), but I still think that this song would be a great anthem for the Revs.

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dream On? Maybe because the only way this current team is going to win a Cup is in our dreams...

Revolution909 repped this.
  4. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Kraft Out repped this.
  5. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

Uprising, by Muse? It's got that revolution theme to it...

Topher22 repped this.
  6. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I don't really see how that song is an anthem. It's not really applicable to supporting a team, nor is it even that applicable to New England.

As for Aersomith being overdone, I don't really see that being the case. They're arguably the most popular band from our region and it's a song that has a pretty good anthem feel to it, IMO.

7. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Sorry, but I don't see it. I'd also like to see a possible Revs anthem have some sort of association to Boston/New England.

8. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always loved Crissy Hinds' Revolution, but I think it would work more after a game with the stadium emptying out.

9. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revolution Rock by the Clash....

Kraft Out and shanary repped this.
  10. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jonathan Richman was a great shout but this is the better song.

11. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Aerosmith is shit

ktsd repped this.
  12. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Careful now you move, Mac...

13. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support this.

14. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  15. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please offer reasons why you have this opinion? Is their unadulterated blues based, non datable, brand of the music genre, Rock, not to your liking? Is there something wrong with their musicality? Is the complex texture of Tyler's vocals not up to your standard? Is Joe Perry's delivery wrong? Is his guitar playing fraught with mistakes and lack of dynamic passion? Is their -generally agreed upon- clever, campy and sometimes funny lyrics not considered art to you?

No simple, one word answers will be accepted by this musician. :cool:

16. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New idea, which I actually hesitate to share because I'd be volunteering someone else's time/energy who I barely know. Anyway, I'm combining a couple of previous ideas in this topic... if the best ideas come from the supporters, and since the Revs have historically been somewhat reluctant to honor their past, how about a Supporters Group Hall of Fame?

I'm envisioning Supporter-created banners honoring players like Twellman, Joseph, Dempsey, Ralston, Parkhurst, Moore, Zenga, etc. done in the same style/manner as these:

[​IMG]

But instead of "FRESH" at the bottom, it'd say the Player's name, and maybe their number and the years they played for the Revs.

If we got buy-in from the organization, maybe we could hang them from the bridge at the stadium along with a big Flag of New England. If not from the bridge, we could work with the team to find a suitable public place. (...in fact, we should probably do this first.)

I also think that it'd be appropriate to compensate the artist for their time and expenses.

JDEsq09, Jon Martin, ToMhIlL and 5 others repped this.
  17. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Prarie's banners are among the coolest tifo in the whole league, hands down. They are fantastic, both artistically and creatively, with the one-word assigned to each that fits the player.

Then there was the year when we played the MetroFilth in the playoffs around halloween and she (and Mike and Evan too, I think) carved pumpkins with the likeness of each player on the team. Absolutely amazing! There must be photos around somewhere.

Crooked repped this.
  18. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://blog.revolutionsoccer.net/?p=5531

19. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Aerosmith is pure shit

shanary and D00ls repped this.
  20. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! :ROFLMAO:

21. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another question... has there ever been any thought to holding some sort of tifo workshop?

I think there are a lot of people who would make a flag/banner etc. if they had the know-how, the right tools, etc.

Get everyone in one place, gather a bunch of materials (approved flag poles, fabric, the right kind of paint, a projector, etc.) bring in people that know what they're doing and teach them how to make their own flag/banner. Maybe the Revs could let us borrow a meeting room or a corner of an empty stadium parking lot, etc.

22. RevsSeasonTix

RevsSeasonTix Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    BIG HEADS AT GAMES! Come on Revs fans...don't let me down....

23. Topher22

Topher22 Member

Jun 3, 2012
    Yarmouth, Maine
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    best idea evar! tifo is one aspect the S.Gs could work on a bit. Me included. It would be cool to have a brainstorm thread open too. Need some ideas before March 23

JDEsq09 repped this.
  24. D00ls

D00ls Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    There were a few "floating" around a couple years ago. Those never get old to me.

ktsd repped this.
  25. RedRevs

RedRevs Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Cambridge
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an idea I've tried to get started before but we haven't had traction with it (at least since I've been involved with SGs). It's a really good idea and will go suggest it in the TIFO thread over on the Riders Boards.

We used to have these and I know of one Riders member who is making some for this season. Marcus, do you spend time engaging fans in other mediums (beyond Big Soccer)? This really isn't the most complete cross section of Revs fans.