New Programs: Line of Fire

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by wu-tang beez, Dec 3, 2003.

1. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    ABC aired the FBI/Mob drama, Line of Fire, last night to compete head to head w/ Law & Order. What can I say, I really enjoyed this show after being very suspicious of the trailers they used.

It’s not all glitz, but it has great stylized characters like big screen actor David Paymer [​IMG] who was also on the 80’s cop drama, Hill St. Blues. The show opened up w/ an intense action sequence foot chase that ended in an effective use of perspectives and personal dialogue just prior to a shooting. The interaction w/ ea character playing off individual emotional range & body language was very good, esp since this was the 1st episode. The show gives you both the mob & FBI perspective, delving into character backgrounds and subplots. The use of camera conveyed the sudden coldness of violence and the stark loneliness of someone trying to fit in. I can’t overemphasize how realistic the characters are portrayed.

I really enjoyed it and recommend you catch it next wk & if it’s re-aired, try to catch the rebound. If it last, I could see it being up for best new series. Of course, I said the same thing about Boomtown too.