New Liverpool Kits

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 2011/12 away kit

Especially with how gorgeous the aways are

2. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Come on, it's a pretty good looking kit. We're just going back to our roots... Back when we were almost called Everton Athletic. :D

3. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

When are we going to wear these kits? Not against ManU, unless we decide the all-black clashes because of their black socks. Not Arsenal, since they wear white shorts and socks. Not Stoke, Sunderland or Villa. Doesn't look like we'd be playing Milan this year. The white will show up in cup competition, maybe?

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/16/liverpool-blue-kit
    Commerce in modern sports? Well, I never!

4. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A lot of green started to show up after we slapped Carlsberg on the shirts. This doesn't surprise me one bit. It's a hideous shirt in entirely the wrong colour, but I'm not surprised by it.

5. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

If getting the best shirt sponsorship deal in the league means we have to incorporate a little blue in a 3rd kit that doesn't resolve any apparent color clashes, then I can live with it. It's ugly, but it's ugliness that pays.

6. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London

It's not a bad shirt at all. I will get the black one though.

Not bothered about the Blue trim at all. It's only the third kit - which we will only wear sporadically cos we ain't in Europe this year.

As for the Blue? Who cares? Man U have had an away kit with blue on it. Chelsea have some Red on their Home kit.

Don't like the third kit - don't buy it. Simple.

7. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

I'm thinking we should show up to Goodison in those. It would drive the bitters absolutely insane.

8. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is the issue I have with people who take the position that I shouldn't care about the history and traditions of my club, the 'just don't buy it' crowd. It's my club, they are making a mistake, and I'm voicing that opinion. I'm not calling for adidas to be burned or for us to never wear them (I don't think we'll ever wear them) just that I don't like them. That I won't buy one. Don't get all high and mighty 'I understand more about this than you do' with me. [/rant]

9. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't mind the new third kit at all. Of course, that has more to do with the fact that in my mind the blue is actually red. :D

10. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Funny how defensive you are when someone voices a different opinion than yours. Not sure where Rev said he understood more about the club.

As far as history of the club goes (which you apparently care so much about), it's been pointed out that this third kit is a bit of an homage to the first home kit the club ever wore. The first all-red kit wasn't until 1964.

11. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Anyone that thinks the blue in this kit is about Everton Athletic instead of Standard Chartered is crazy. This isn't a throwback sky and white halved shirt (which I would have no problem with) it's a dime-a-dozen white kit with our sponsor's colour thrown in there.

12. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London

When did I tell you that you cannot voice your opinion? When did I get all high an mighty? Seriously. Chill out and don't get so vexed. If you want to start a boycott then go ahead.

It is a bit laughable when complaining about the traditions of the club when we are talking about the 3rd kit here.

When the following occurred, I was jumping up and down and going mad. You were probably frowning, saying it's a disgrace, having blue on the kit! ;)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ9d4iTEgV0&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪Arsenal -1-2- Liverpool - Michael - Owen.Flv‬‏[/ame]

13. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Actually, the new away kit looks like last years 3rd kit which I just bought on the LFC website at a heavily discounted price with Carra's name/number to boot. Still, black looks fantastic and I'm glad the powers that be are making it the away kit.

This year's 3rd kit looks bad. Citeh light blue highlights? Fook ouf!:eek:

14. Pigs

Pigs Member

Everton FC
    England
    Mar 31, 2001
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

lol

[​IMG]

15. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

Hey Pigs, good to hear from you. Still lurking and wishing you'd made the right choice of clubs all those years ago. :D

16. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I got a black kit with Suarez #7 for Father's Day.

17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

Somebody out there loves Ya!

18. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sounds like you raised 'em (or chose her) right!

19. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt

that's what i wanted for father's day... got some reese's ice cream instead... which was very good, but...

20. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The New Liverpool Away Kit (Parts 1 and 2)

Anyone want a '96-'97 netminder shirt?

[​IMG]

21. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

C'mon there are much worse accents then Carra's.

I'm pretty sure you're joking but just in case here's what I heard minus a lot of 'ers' and 'y'knows'.

"looks the part to me, looks smart to me and i'm sure when the team run out in it next season we'll look well in it most important thing is that we win in it"...

..." i think the manager said that hasn't he i think he nearly says that every press conference that its great to hear that from a liverpool manager that we're alltogether we're all fightin the same fight, if you like, and thats getting 3 points on the weekend and getting Liverpool successful, hasnt probably been like that in a longtime so think its great now hearing the manager in the press's fantastic so long may it continue"...

..."it'll be his first one hopefully with my name on y'know but I think those days our well gone . I dont know we might have a couple of new signings in the new year."

23. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both:)

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Re: The New Liverpool Away Kit (Parts 1 and 2)

I looked at this thread, seems to be apropos after the silly fights over this years.

Brian Cappellieri got himself red carded by Huss. Trying to promote another forum from in this one....Ooops.

25. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast

Heysoos. You spend so much time on these boards correcting other peoples English, yet you keep saying you don't understand it. Better take someone who understands English if you ever get to travel there and expand your mind and vocabulary....:)

"It looks the part for me. Looks smart. I'm sure...er...when the team runs out next year we'll look well in it. Most importantly is that we win in it!"

Should have asked me or Pikas and saved yourself 37 hours 17 minutes... :D

Oh and it's Charcoal not black....!!! :)