New league format.

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Cruickinator, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Since people complain that they play too many games 38 plus cup matches is alot and then top division 1 teams are struggling financially ie Lesister, Forest.

They should create 2 leagues of 15 for the top divisons which goes into a play off. A North and south confrence. All the leagues should then follow suit Noth div1, south div 2 ect.. which would allow for entry to top flight. Get rid of the FA cup keep the legue cup for lower divsions. Sorted.

This will create more top flight teams. Make more teams finically viable. And less matches to play and more top matches to watch.

And sure people will critise but I think it a great idea.

2. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmm...I think the northern leagues would be far stronger than the south. Where would the south start? I don't think Brummies would like the idea of being called "Southerners"

3. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    The put the west midlands in the north and the east in the south. It doesn't have to be a perfectly stight line. But youre right the nothern legue would be stronger at the moment. But it won't be like that for long in 10 years top teams go bad are new powerhouses emerge look at Blackburn of Forest or at the other end of the scale Man City.

4. MNAFETSC

MNAFETSC Member

Feb 5, 2000
    Blacksburg
    i heard that if theres a split league like there was with division 3 years ago the south clubs would get better tv and ad deals