New Kits

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by johno, Jun 30, 2005.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Previously I'd rather not give Glazer my money, so I'm looking for a good place to start... I've looked at the onion bag, has anyone purchased from there before? How do you like it? If anyone has another highly recommended place to get kits from, let me know please.

2. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, while I'm not in favor of buying new kits while Gl*zer is in charge, I can tell you that The Onion Bag is probably the best place to go online. One of the few places that still uses the felt lettering and patches, and they ship fast. You can actually call them up and place an order that way. Looks like they are currently having a sale on the home jerseys too.

3. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

you could order it from the mega**whore but you would be giving glazer money :rolleyes:

4. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    right... i was under the impression that their kits were authentic looking, but not necessarily authentic and thus I would not be giving money to Gl*zer.

5. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    uhhh - Gayslur gets your money unless you buy from a bootlegger...

Why not BigSoccer store? I've had three great ordering experiences with them so far and, for those of you that have been on BS for a while, you might remember how much trouble I had with $hitbag and The Megawhore

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, gotcha on Gayslur now...

How are the sizes from the BS store? I'm a big guy, and I dont particularly fancy skin tight kits u know? Also, The Onion Bag seems to be a heckuva lot cheaper.

7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. One solution might be to get on eBay and buy an older kit. Usually the bootlegs on there are new kits, very few used bootlegs. I had great success ordering a Cantona jersey (the "kung fu" jersey) from a seller on there, which is authentic as far as I can tell. Besides, the new kits look like crap for the most part.

They seem good, though their prices are a bit higher and they seem to lack some selection.

For the past couple of years, $hitbag and the Megawhore have been partners. I avoid them like the plague now.

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sizes are pretty much true to US sizes. I actually really like the fit of Nike jerseys, even if the designs are crap. The size Large I wear is chest size 42-44. Bought a new US home kit last season and it fits the same as my United shirt.

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

You too!!!! I had to cancel my order earlier in the year...what apain in the a$$$..

you could try world soccer shop I've ordered some things from them...They might be a little expensive but they are trustworthy....Unfortunately Gayslur(I like that one) probably gets your money here too...... :mad:

10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just had a great idea... I think I want to order one of the really old kits the ones with collars and put Rooney's name on the back... that's for the future... I'm gonna get a regular kit some time soon though.

11. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Two thumbs up to The Onion Bag. I wouldn't buy from the Megawhore prior to Glazier's takeover. The numbering was crap. Don't know about the Big Soccer store.

You can get some good older shirts from E-bay. I just got a 94-96 Cantona shirt. Looks great. :D

12. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
  13. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    the megastore has the hero away jerseys for only $41. except its another $20 for shipping. i was so close to ordering the solskjaer jersey till i saw the shipping costs. anyone know how the hero jerseys are compared to other replica ones? Are they the same except they do the lettering for you? Is the quality the same?

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just thought it seemed rather ripoffish... if you try to add numbers and a name it really adds up. Well, actually, its not that bad... i just actually did the tally... but it seemed like there were fees for everything... $82 is what it comes out to for a "hero" and I'm getting a Rooney 05 away kit so its not quite so bad. The same thing at the onion bag comes out to $62 (+4.95 shipping) except its the home jersey for this year and next.

15. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    i saw the same jersey for about 39.99 on the manutd official page. was going to buy it, but damnit, all out of my size.

i was hoping to find a keane 3rd jersey on the cheap, but, the hunt is a lost cause. just gotta brace myself for a large deduction from my banking account (considering i can't actually go any of their games :mad: ).

16. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    I've got a complete collection of shirts from 1994-2004.
    All the variations, some w/ player names, some without, and the obligatory "Cantona Kung Fu" from the nice folks in Hong Kong.

Here's who I buy from:

The best store in the world for new or recent Man U gear is
    Subside Sports in the UK.
    http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp

Real, authentic, and even kit room issue shirts, especially Man U.
    The difference in qulaity between the replica shirt and the Code 7, UK made shirts are noticable.
    If you want to buy one shirt, buy one of those. They are the best.

In the US I'd go to the The O-n-i-o-nbag for the latest kit.
    Why? The use the real Chris Kay Lextra lettering. The Megastore doesn't.
    They use iron-on vinyl. Saw it for myself last Sept. and was shocked.

As far as older shirts Ebay is a good place, but of course you must be careful
    Don't let the Hong Kong-ers freak you out.
    They are the only ones who are still making the classic lettering from the 90's from Umbro as well as other brands of shirts.
    "Home of Badges" is the best.
    The only thing the Hong Kongers screw up on is making sure the work they do is historically correct and authentic.
    For example, you'll see alot of Newton Heath shirts with "7" and "Cantona" in the correct Umbro black flock on the back, but if memory serves those shirt never had names on them, only numbers.
    D'oh!
    Another one that's annoyed me lately is the '99 Red CL final "Giggs" shirts that are short sleeve when we all know Giggs almost never wears short sleeves. There's some guy from HK who wants $150 for one of those and I don't have the heart to tell him why it never sells.
    They buy the shirts from the UK and then iron on the letters, and while it's good quality work they just need the check their histroy once in awhile.

17. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Don't forget that, in addition to the $20 shipping, you will have to pay import tax of about $11. They don't tell you that on the website but you'll get a bill from your courier.

People have had so many issues ordering from the MegaStore (the one on manutd.com) - beware... (Oh, an you'll have to pay that $20 shipping + $11 import tax if you're in USA)

Here, here... I have six jerseys from them - all authentic with authentic lettering. The only issue is price...

18. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

why change the man u kits? they look incredible!