New Keane news!

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by irishFS1921, Aug 26, 2002.

1. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
  2. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Its all bollox, and I hope it is too!

I don't want either of those shytniks in my team. I'd rather have Chris Armstrong back, or Rebrov on all the time, only that won't happen because Hoddle is a new-age lunatic!

And a vindictive little sod!

3. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ferdinand is about to go to the SPL on a free transfer so i'll take what we can get.

and i wouldn't mind keane and gudjohnsen up front with the 4-4-2 that it appears Hoddle will have to use

i like Rebrov...but i just don't know.

4. glorygloryspurs

glorygloryspurs New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    bronx ny
    could the spurs sign both morientes and keane or is it going to be either or? feel like robbie keane is acting more like roy keane.

5. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    it all comes down to the money. and i saw that morienties had a huge falling out with real. so i think we may get him in which case he would come first.

then i think it would come down to Keane v. Gudjohnsen as far as who is cheaper. unless Hoddle goes all out. but i don't know where we are finacially.

6. m16t

m16t Member

Jan 19, 2001
    Columbia, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget about Sunderland's Kevin Phillips. Depending on the rumor of the day, he's available for only #4 million. Phillips, Keane, Morientes ... any one in that group would be a step up.

7. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Spurs are only interested in Morientes. Ferdi is staying. Armstrong has joined Bolton for free. Other than that, nothing new to report.

Also, according to Sky Sports, Morientes has been questioning Real team mate Steve McManaman about Spurs, RE recent history and results, and our current footballing side. Hopefully, Macca won't have put him off!

8. glorygloryspurs

Jul 18, 2002
    bronx ny
    looks like real is dorking around on the Morientes deal. lets hope venables doesen't balk on Keane.

9. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i doubt the morientes deal is going through. there is so much crap going around on the real side i don't think it'll happen by the dealine (sat.) if so i would be AMAZED. maybe during summer transfers?

HOWEVER keane does look locked up and it appears venebles is getting his beloved anderton. hoddle i guess feels safe about his midfield without him. and he has every right to. they've played fatastically. not counting out anderton. but i think keane up front would help ALOT more than anderton in the middle.

10. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you've agreed a fee for Keane now.... Just in case you missed it.

11. glorygloryspurs

Jul 18, 2002
    bronx ny
    does the 7 million transfer mean that Anderton stays (not that he's healthy all too much)?

12. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Okay, so I was wrong. We did want Keane.

Leeds were interested in either an Anderton or Tauricco part-exchange, thankfully neither player went to Yorkshire.

The Morientes deal is believed to be almost totally completed, except that he's playing for Real against Feyenoord tonight in the Euro Super Cup (Live! On the BBC!), so whether a deal can be completed or not on time is debatable. A fee of 11.75m has been agreed with an extra 4m in the can if we do well in Europe or the League (Cups and stuff). His wages are around 40g a week.

Looking interesting!

14. Through-Ball

Through-Ball Member

Feb 8, 2002
    improvement

Judging from their early season success and now the addition of another great striker, I think Spurs are going to be surprising a lot of teams in the EPL. I think Keane will be hungry to prove a point and to blow off some steam. I expect him to do well from the start. After all, he is skilled, smart, still young and a bit headstrong -- the perfect combo for a striker.

Some thoughts,

Through-Ball

15. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree, thankfully neiter went to yorkshire.

16. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Birmingham City.