New Kansas City Stadium?

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Wizardman03, Nov 10, 2003.

1. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depending on how close you are to the river there is the additional headache of complying with Corps of Engineers requirements. Our company built the Butler Manufacturing HQ which is directly north of the Livestock Exchange Building and siting the building there was a major pain as compared to building on a "greenfield".

Sometimes there's a reason land is "cheap".

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    What about imploding the old Ward Parkway Mall and putting a stadium there.

State Line and 83rd would rock.

3. KCSoccerSpot

KCSoccerSpot New Member

Mar 30, 2002
    Harrisonville, MO
    A little farther off the beaten track (or highway) but a much nicer neighborhood than Bannister or the bottoms.

4. KCWIZFLAG

KCWIZFLAG Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Gladstone, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about building it right south of the Kansas Speedway on the other side of I-70. It would be about the same spot as Arrowhead in relation to north and south but on the West side. After all, they were wanting to put a professional team in Kansas. Wyandotte County Unified Gov't has been building that area up and it wouldn't be that hard to get in and out of. Most of the infastructure is already there not to mention more restaurants and hotels are sure to be on the way. I live northeast of Liberty and wouldn't mid the drive over there.

5. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't mind a stadium out there, but I still say to stay at Arrowhead. That could just be the fact that I live like 10 minutes tops form the stadium, all I have to do is drive from the south side of Raytown to get there. So that makes my opinion a little bias due to location.

6. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I would actually like to see a SSS at the Truman Sports Complex itself.

There is a room out there for a third stadium.

But for the love of god, finish the contruction out there. 435 and 70 suck right now.

7. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Hear, hear. It's amazing how much they have finished in the Grandview Triangle and not finished up by the stadium.

On the stadium issue, I had heard proposals about an entire soccer complex, with smaller fields surrounding a larger stadium. I believe that would be ideal, since it could generate more revenue than just the Wizards alone would.

This type of complex would not fit at Truman though. Most talk placed this in Olathe or S. Overland Park.

Either way, we need an SSS.

Chris

8. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    I'm nearly positive that Target already bought most of that, and has plans in the works for that land for a SuperTarget and other stores owned by TC. I know that Target bought about 6 properties in KC, and have only built on two of them (new Olathe and Liberty store (Lee Summit was a different deal IIRC)

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    unfortunately, not anymore. it closed last week, or so says jopo.
    i also wouldn't mind the west bottoms idea. although, kemper probably won't be there by the time a soccer stadium gets built. plans are to build the new arena in the downtown loop, just north of 670. dumb idea, in my opinion. we don't have any major franchises to play in it, nor are we even close to getting one. nhl is already overextended, and god help us if we get an nba franchise. i think i'd move if that happened.

10. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lenexa looks to be the current leader. More later.

11. ji_shuheng

ji_shuheng Member+

Mar 26, 2003
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cant complain too much about the nfl lines. saw a man u home game a few weeks back with rugby lines leftover.

12. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well Shuheng welcome to the boards if no one has welcomed you so far. J/C how did you find the boards?