New Juve stadium news

Discussion in 'Italy' started by ruudboy, Jul 25, 2002.

1. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    Web story: http://www.juventuz.com/news/newsdi...ws.cgi?newsid1027629099,93244,General?Antonio)

First of all the project is called "Progetto Sogno" (Dream Project). Juventus FC will be the owner of the Delle Alpi Stadium from October the 30th of 2002. We bought it for 22m € for 99 years. We also bought the Hyppodrome close to the Stadium, of 500,000 mq, and we will make the Sportal Center of Primavera and youth teams there. Giraudo said they want to make something like La Scala of Milan, the famous theater, one of the most famous of the world, with 10,000 prenotations months before the show and with no empty chairs. The new Stadium will have the name of a sponsor (like US Stadiums) and will be able to hosts 30,000 fans max (like UK Stadiums). With only prenotations. They'll cut the athletics parts of the stadium making it 100% for football. It will have a part of it with all the thophies of Juve showed, a Cinema Theater playing Juve games 24/7 and a Merchandise section with all the official shirts signed by players, caps, flags, etc.. The 3 stadiums Juve are looking for !
    to restore the old Delle Alpi are 1. Bayer L., 2. Ajax, 3. PSV, and 4. Manchester UTD (of course). The works will start in 2003, and Juve will not move from Turin no more. It looks like a GREAT exciting project. Basically since TVs aint paying clubs no more, Juve is trying to get money from the stadium, by offering an unique show to the fans and by creating the most exciting Stadium in Europe.

2. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    It's about time. Sounds like it'll really capture the atmosphere.

3. John Boy

John Boy New Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Staffordshire

Isn't that abit of a contradiction as Old Trafford holds 67,000

4. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Yeah, and not all US stadiums are named after a sponsor. They do that all over the world.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the reports that I've read in Italy, the stadium will seat between 40-55 thousand.

30,000 is just way too small for Juve.

6. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    Believe it or not, Juve has had problems with game attendance in the last few years. A 12th Man effect in a new stadium will make Juve really tough to beat.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually Juve were one of the few teams to have attendance rise last season.

I don't have the numbers here at work, but I will post last seasons averages when I get home.

It was two years in a row that Juve had attendance rise.

8. Dune

Dune Member

Feb 10, 1999
    How does this effect Torino?
    Will they move to an other stadium or will they have to pay rent to Juve to play at this new Delle Alphi?

9. evilcrossbar

evilcrossbar New Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes what about Torino, is the old Comunale still around?

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Torino will be moving to the Filadelphia I think, or maybe it is the Communale.

One of them...

11. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    Torino Calcio has been given the option to restore the "Comunale" by the City Council: the city will help financially if the club meet some criteria,which will alllow the facility to host the hockey matches for the 2006 Olympic games (it involves the design of the stands,i understand).
    otherwise the club will have to pay it all by itself; i don't know when the final decision will be taken

in the meantime Juventus will host Torino at the Stadio Delle Alpi

i also find the 30.000 capacity absurd,might be a typo: i always heard of a 45.000-50.000 capacity stadium

12. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Torino has any say in the matter, it would have to be the Filadelfia, I would think - that's where they used to play....

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well looks like this thread was pretty spot on.

14. thnam1

thnam1 New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
  15. enzodvd

enzodvd Red Card

Apr 17, 2013
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    wow is old storia