New Item auctioning to benefit Marcia Williams

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by bilzy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    My 11 year old son is auctioning off the ball he collected autographs on during this years Soccer Celebration before the MLS Cup in Carson. All proceeds from the auction will go directly to help Marcia Williams,wife of RSL Andy Williams. Please pass the word on about this to all the boards you think might draw interest. And please ,please go to http://soccerunitesutah.com/
    to learn how easy it is to register as a bone marrow donor. Understand that the Williams family needs help in a very urgent way. Not only does Marcia need a donor in order to survive , but they also need the funds to pay for a transplant. Time is running out. We are doing two bone marrow registration dates in the Austin area in the next few weeks. My son has named them "Christmas Gift of Life for Ms.Marcia" . If you want to do a drive in your area you can find out how to do that at Soccer Unites Utah too. We might not be able to save Marcia, but we can still help save another life. thanks

[​IMG]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280291171978

2. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nice going Beckham.

You could have added much value with the simple stroke of a Sharpee.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bid. Tell your kid thanks.

Registering as a bone marrow donor is indeed easy - I did so a couple of years ago - and you are unlikely to be called on because it is difficult to find a match. But if you are identified as a match for someone, you know you'll be incredibly important to that person's survival.

4. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Just bumping in hopes of seeing the item get a little more support. :) If you have any interest in the WPS check out the Washington Freedom t-shirt too :)

We appreciate all the support too !

5. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    I registered as a BM donor over 15 years ago. I was called to make a donation, but while I was in the preperation process, the recipient had compilcation and died before I donated.

On a somewhat related note, I find it both strange and appalling that a professional athlete in the US does not have a health insurance policy that would cover a BM transplant for his wife. Does this fault lie with MLS?