New Italian Stadium Update Thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by indestructible, Jul 6, 2017.

1. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't have knowledge about many team's training facilities. I know Juve, Atalanta and Milan have good ones. In Napoli we have Castelvolturno that ADL has been saying he will renovate for 15 years now.

Commisso however will build a new state of the art facility they call Viola park that will be one of the best in europe:

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Some movement in the italian lower leagues:

Ternana have unveiled a very ambitious stadium project that will cost around 50 million euros. This will include the demolition of the current stadium and rebuilding over the same site. Big plans for a team that hovers over Serie B & C and not realistic IMO. I don't know why these teams don't follow Frosinone's example.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's hope their ambition is realistic and the city and public authorities get behind the project.

Ternana was a stable Serie B club a few years ago.

4. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If they can pull this stadium off it will be a miracle

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice little project from Italian minnows Albinoleffe:

Since 2017, when the stadio atleti azzurri d'italia changed ownership from the local Bergamasco council to Atalanta, it forced Albinoleffe to search for a new home. They began working on this project since then and have broken ground last year. What makes this unique is that it's the clubs HQ, training facility and home stadium all in one. A good model for Serie C clubs to follow IMO. When complete it will have roughly 1800 seats.

Albinoleffe were flirting with Serie A a little over ten years ago. They would have to expand seating if they ever make the jump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Reggina's owners have expressed interest in completely renovating the Granillo. No formal plan announced, but they intend to unveil a project soon.

Since the Granillo is without an athletic track, there is potential to do something really nice

[​IMG]

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sudtirol have completed the first phase of their new stadium. Work continues in the summer. Will be an excellent stadium for Serie B once it's done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Many Serie A teams have their preseason training camps in the Sudtirol.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no way whats is even the revenue like for Serie B.

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m thinking for a team to put together a project like this, they plan on playing in Serie A

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Roma stop new stadium project in Tor Di Valle
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roma have confirmed CEO Guido Fienga’s position and announced that they will not pursue the project of building a new stadium in Tor Di Valle.

After 3,313 days from the beginning, Roma have blocked the stadium project in Tor Di Valle, as the Board of Directors of the Giallorossi approved to stop the process due to non-existing conditions.

The Giallorossi announced the financial report for the first six months of 2020-21 and confirmed Fienga’s position as CEO of the club.

Within the document, La Lupa took stock of the project for the new stadium in Tor Di Valle too.

“The ownership of AS Roma intends to invest, to be competitive, in a winning team that can play in a new modern and efficient stadium,” the club wrote in a statement.

“The investigations conducted by financial, notary and legal advisors, as well as in the light of the latest communications from Rome, verified that the conditions no longer exist to confirm the interest in use of the stadium to be build as part of the current real estate project relating to Tor Di Valle area, since the latter project has become impossible to execute.

“The Board of Directors – after examining the analyses carried out by the advisors regarding the financial, economic, legal and factual conditions of the project and its proponent – acknowledged that these conditions prevent further progress.

“The Board of Directors also noted that the pandemic has radically changed the international economic scenario, including the financial prospects of the current stadium project.

“This decision was made by the Board of Directors in the interest of the club, recalling that the same would be the mere user of the plant, and was communicated to the Administration of Rome Capital today.

“Having said this, the club confirms its intention to strengthen the dialogue with the Administration of Rome Capital, the Region and all the relevant institutions, the Universities of Rome and the sports institutions, to create a green, sustainable and integrated stadium, constructively discussing all the hypotheses, including Tor Di Valle, and evaluating all possible initiatives to protect the interests of the club, of all its shareholders and its fans."

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    IMO it's a good sign for Roma fans that their new American owners knew they're weren't in the game when it came to the tor di valle project and decided to cut the bleeding.

For whatever reason, Rome's political class did not want to see this stadium built.

RIP

[​IMG]

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Friedkins may have pulled out of the Tor Di Valle project but the drama won't die.

"Eurnova, the owner of the land on which the Stadio della Roma had been planned, has argued that AS Roma’s decision to drop the project cannot be accepted."

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2021/03/02/eurnova-hits-out-at-roma-stadium-decision/

The Friedkins are well within their rights to not go along with the development.

In the meantime they are scouting locations for another project. One that is completely different from the Pallotta concept and half the cost. "english style and similar to Juventus stadium. Approx 40k seater."

https://amp.laroma24.it/rubriche/la...iona-il-progetto-stadio-e-punta-su-pietralata

14. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you know what they mean by English style?

I don't think it's a reference to capacity because 40,000 is small for new stadiums built in England nowadays.

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When they said English style, it just means 4-sided (rectangular) with a roof on all sides.

40k is also small for Roma who are capable of pumping crowds of 50-60k. Works for Juve because the majority of their fans don’t live in Torino

16. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I see, that design doesn't tend t be used nowadays though.

I hope Friedkin's stadium is towards 60,000 capacity, but I read it will be 45,000.

17. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is incredible. THEY'VE ALREADY BROKE GROUND

https://www.violanation.com/2021/3/...t-stop-nostra-italia-letter-mattarella-draghi

Fiorentina’s new stadium process now involves the president and prime minister of Italy

The latest (and very delayed) effort from Nostra Italia has ground the Viola Park project to a halt yet again.

It had seemed like Fiorentina were making progress with the Viola Park, the new sporting center that owner Rocco Commisso has so publicly desired since buying the club, regretfully abandoning the Stadio Artemio Franchi in favor of a brand new project. He’d optioned property in nearby Bagno a Ripoli and seemed to have built a good understanding with mayor Francesco Casini. He’d gotten all the pertinent paperwork into and out of the labyrinthine Italian bureaucracy. He’d met with architects and builders to develop plans. He’d even attended the groundbreaking ceremony.

Everything was humming along nicely until last week, when an open letter from heritage and environmental organization Italia Nostra reached Italian president Sergio Mattarella asking him to immediately put a halt to the construction on the grounds that the Viola Park was in a protected agricultural area which forbade new construction, especially of such magnitude. The club, not surprisingly, expressed shock and disappointment.

Despite the Viola Park process having passed through all appropriate legal channels already, Mattarella has referred the case to the Tuscan Tribunale Administrivo Regionale (TAR), who are expected to rule on the matter in the coming weeks. Until then, there is a temporary suspension of work in Bagno a Ripoli. If the TAR rules against Italia Nostra, the non-profit could appeal to a higher court. The delay could last for months.

Italia Nostra, led by retired University of Florence professor Leonardo Rombai, has received a broadside of protests on social media from Fiorentina supporters, accusing the organization of filing a gadfly suit. The Associazone Tifosi Fiorentini (ATF), with support from Fiorentina, has announced plans to counter-sue on the grounds that Italia Nostra’s call to halt work on the Viola Park is “spurious, out of place, inappropriate, and lacking common sense.” This simultaneous lawsuit could see Italia Nostra’s case dismissed more quickly and squash any appeal to a higher court as well, although it does add yet another layer to an already complex situation.

Bagno a Ripoli mayor Casini sounds livid as well, stating that his administration obtained all necessary permits and have broken no regulations in beginning the construction and questioning why Nostra Italia has waited until months after the period for public comments closed to raise its objections. He also expressed regret that the project has ground to a halt again, citing the loss of jobs for local builders.

Florence mayor Dario Nardella has pledged “full collaboration” with Bagno a Ripoli, noting that there was no cause to halt “an urban planning procedure that has already concluded its course.” It’s worth remembering, though, that Andrea Pessina, his Superintendent of Archaeology, Fine Arts, and Landscape for Florence, embarked in an obstructionist campaign to prevent the refurbishment of the Stadio Franchi that eventually pushed Commisso and company out of Florence entirely.

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    San Siro project stopped due to Inter uncertainties
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Mayor of Milan Giuseppe Sala has stopped the new San Siro project until Inter have ‘clarified the future of the club’.

Inter and Milan have plans for a new San Siro stadium, which would also restyle the existing Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.

But the Mayor of Milan har temporarily stopped the project due to the uncertainties around the Suning Group and the ownership of the Nerazzurri.

“I think that until Inter clarifies its fate, things must necessarily be firm for us,” Sala said according to La Repubblica.

“The point is, and I want to say clearly to the people in Milan, that we are not just talking about the stadium, but a project in which half the investment is on the stadium and half on other things that make up the future of that area.

“It will mean that there will be, I assume, five or six years of work. I cannot entrust a district of the city for such a long period to a reality whose future ownership is not certain.

“I speak with respect of Zhang, but they must necessarily clarify the future of the club, until then I think it’s logical to stop.”

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma's American owner has unveiled their project for a total renovation of the Tardini. Now we wait and see what bureaucratic land mines await them. But if Parma is anything like Bologna, than maybe we might see this stadium project actually realized

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

r0adrunner and Dante repped this.
  20. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It looks like a wonderful project and I agree that being in Parma its chances of being realised should be higher than elsewhere in Italy.

I haven't read anything about the proposed capacity. I hope it is around the 35k mark and begin to reverse the trend of new stadiums in Italy being too small in my opinion.

21. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which stadiums do you deem too small?

The current capacity of the Tardini is approximately 28k and rarely ever full. IMO 20-25 for a city like Parma is sufficient. I doubt that Parma will ever qualify to be a host city for a major competition.

22. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Two that come to mind are Juventus' (41k) and rumours of Roma's new stadium (c. 40k).

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Those stadiums with a larger capacity would only get full a handful of games during the season. No point.

24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juve was averaging close to sell out pre-pandemic. IMO their stadium size is sufficient.

For Roma, 45-50k should be the bare minimum

25. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In an amazing twist, the city of Spezia have drawn up plans to refurbish the Stadio Picco (that is in need of serious renovation) but the new American owners are NOT interested in providing the estimated 25 million euro. This is the exact opposite of what it happening in Florence and other Italian cities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My guess is that they are unconvinced by the design. The only big issue I see is that one of the ends would not be covered