News: New Home Kit Release Date 12/3

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by CottageRev, Nov 21, 2011.

1. RevvedUp10

RevvedUp10 Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Watertown, Ma
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love it. First thing the Revs have done right in a while.

Lets see more of it.

2. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be my favorite kit ever. Will have to see it in person to judge it properly, though. Unfortunately for me, there is nothing else to look forward to this off-season.

3. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    As an avid kit-follower, I am as pleased to see your new kit as I was disappointed to see Montreal's (which I found entirely too bland). I understand the iffiness on the white patches, but I think you all should really enjoy the strides your FO made this time around. Every journey begins...yadda yadda yadda.

The other thing to hope for is that they *do* go with red socks. A uniform set is so much more than just a shirt, and I'm hoping you all get the red socks to set yourselves apart from the pack. If you get red socks, I'd easily put that hypothetical kit in the Top 5 of MLS kits.

Congrats again.

4. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It could just be for 2012.

5. Voodoo United

Voodoo United Member

Jan 7, 2008
    Easton, Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really liking the home Jersey, the away looks pretty good too. After the pats replica jersey the last two years I was skeptical of these but they exceeded my expectations.

For those who attended the event, how was the turn out?

6. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you really from Kamloops, BC? That's a pretty small place, but ridiculously pretty countryside. It has to be one of the prettiest small cities in North America.

That's awesome.

7. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. Bayern Munich has a special 12 collection for their most loyal fans whom they call , " the 12th man."

http://shop.fcbayern.de/en/148/0/-fc-bayern-12_Collection--/

I like the New England flag on the back. Anyone know what is written inside the collar?

8. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    Random thoughts on our new jerseys...

* I'm not a fan of the sheer amount of White on the sleeves of the Navy home jersey. It will be especially interesting to see whether that continues all the way down long sleeves.

* I really don't like the preponderance of Red on the White road jerseys. If the contrasting panels on the jerseys had to exist, I'd have preferred that they be Navy, with Red replacing Navy for the adidas stripes on the shoulders.

* I do like the New England flag on the back.

Overall, the home is a vast improvement over the "L'il Patriots" home jerseys the team has worn the past two seasons. As for the new road jersey, I'd actually prefer the road jersey of the past two seasons, provided the piping across the upper torso was removed.

In the historical scheme of things, the "peanut" uniform is still my favorite kit that the Revolution have ever worn.

9. Brian in Boston

Brian in Boston Member+

Jun 17, 2004
    MA & CA, USA
    It would be phenomenal if it was "Six States, One Team."

10. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed

Or

Measure 9x Cut Once

11. NERhooligan

NERhooligan Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Haha

12. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an amazing statement :confused:

The franchise has a new organizational structure, new coach, new statement of commitment from ownership to revamp the team, very high draft picks in all drafts and reentry system, etc. I don't know how any of this will play out but frankly for me there is a HUGE amount of rumbling going on in Revsville. This has the potential to be the most active and most exciting offseason in franchise history.

I really love the hot stove season

13. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    There seems to be a huge failure as the Revs don't have a link on revolutionsoccer.net to order the new jerseys!

14. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pass some of that Kool aid over Doc. What type is it? Extreme?

15. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually love the off-season, but this one was destroyed after dumb and dumber were promoted and Heaps was named coach. I have minimal faith and little hope going into 2012. I wanted to see REAL changes this off-season but instead, saw the re-arranging of deck chairs and Nicol made the scapegoat.

PS. I find it a little strange that the Revs haven't released any pictures to my knowledge of just the jersey and not one taken from the unveiling. I have only seen pictures through twitter.

16. RevFan

RevFan Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 1, 1999
    East Lyme, CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I convinced myself that I must be blind, because surely they couldn't screw that up! The MLS store still has the old ones and the Patriot proshop website that I had to access through Patriots.com does not have any jerseys at all.

17. shanary

shanary Member

Aug 18, 2008
    BOSTON
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be hard for me to continue my financial boycott of the Revs gear with this jersey... I also really like the white sleeves, it continues the continental flag theme if you look at it the right way (i.e. arms out like the twellman photo)

18. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It won't be too hard to boycott if the Revs don't offer an opportunity to purchase the new jersey online. Also, the Revs initially offered free customization to those who ordered the jersey online before December 5th.

19. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm not *from* Kamloops (I'm from Vancouver) but working on my degree here. And, yeah, it's quite pretty. The only mountainous desert in Canada, I think. And my view of the city is epic from my dorm room.

And I've had the privilege of visiting Boston (stayed in Jamaica Plain, checked out downtown and Harvard campus), so let me return the compliment - Boston (and all of New England that I saw) was incredible!

20. propnut27

propnut27 Member

Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur
    Germany
    Mar 15, 2009
    Naples Fl.
    Club:
    --other--
    I must give the new shirts a couple of HUGE thumbs ups. Hopefully the entire kit will dazzle us as well. It a positive for the team. Only time will tell if this is just another incidence of the "blind squirrel" syndrome.

I sure hope not.

21. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I dig the new kit. Major improvement from previous design.

I really like the Flag of NE on the back.

Good job Adidas and Revs!

22. propnut27

propnut27 Member

Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur
    Germany
    Mar 15, 2009
    Naples Fl.
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe that the problem with the new kit not being offered thru the link on the team's website stems from the fact that the administrative people who are tasked with the updating of the site only work Monday thru Friday.

It would probably be safe to assume that 24/7 website tending would be considered "unnecessarily expensive". So something might appear late in the day on Monday, after the webmaster shows up and has time to insert the applicable information.

OR

It could be that the new, super-efficient, FO simply failed to inform the webmaster of anything changing. Or perhaps the former manager of the pro shop having moved on to bigger and better things meant that there is no one left in the pro shop to generate any new sales info.

In any case it is a HUGE FU by the FO not to have this matter all set up, and ready to roll on Saturday night.

Way to go, boys. Way to inspire confidence in the fan base.

Is this observation too nitpicky? Am I trying to slam the FO?

Why am I so negative? Should I seek help?

Why am I asking you?

23. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The 2012-13 jersey will be available for pre-order starting on “Blue Friday” – Nov. 25 – at revolutionsoccer.net. Pre-orders and all jerseys purchased through Monday, Dec. 5, will be eligible for free jersey personalization, usually a $20 fee.

Not having the jersey available for sale online is a huge mistake that isn't capitalizing on the momentum of the jersey unveiling. What is the point of showcasing the daily swatches and the unveiling if the website is not ready to take in new orders?

The unveiling is supposed to get people excited to purchase the new jersey and the Revs have to facilitate that transaction. If the website staff only worked Monday through Friday, the website would not have the pictures and videos from the jersey unveiling which was on Saturday.

24. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i like it. big improvement ove the last few years.

looks even better on as shown in the TT pic. hopefully the whole kit is put together well.

25. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with ya Doc on the general sentiment. I want to be cautiously optimistic, that maybe this time Lucy won't pull the football away at the last second. I will wait and see what actually transpires. The bold words are key - there is a huge opportunity to right a lot of the things that went wrong, but now they actually have to do it. Heaps is in South America, Shalrie is back in the fold, but they still need that "experienced" assistant, and they still need to get Zerka and Caraglio, or equivalent replacements signed, and a replacement for Lekic if he doesn't come back for less. What happens next is the key, and they are at a fork in the road right now.

I like the jersey overall, I give it a B+. I am curious about the long-sleeve version and also hope they wear the red socks at home. Overall, I'm happy to see them ditch the Patriots JV jerseys of the last couple of years.