News: New Home Kit Release Date 12/3

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by CottageRev, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution

So, the new jersey will still be blue :p.

I've been wanting a "real" new jersey (not the shoulder pads edition) since 2009 and it's the first wide release with the UHC sponsorship, so I'll probably be a sucker and get one.

2. RevolutionFan

RevolutionFan New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Warwick, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we just get a friggin jersey that will be new and unique? i hate philly but if you took off their logo and bimbo, its easily recognizable as the philly jersey, same with Portland. Can we get something where if you took off the revs logo and unitedhealthcare, anybody would be like "oh yeah thats the Revs"

3. thebigfluff

thebigfluff Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ipswich MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the Jerseys before the current iteration were my favorite, you know, before they introduced patriots silver as one of our primary colors.....

I also liked the fact that we had the "REVOLUTION" scrawled across the chest, I thought it gave us some identity as having an owner who can afford to not have a "major" jersey sponsor(I dont care, I HATE having a sponsor name be the main piece of your kit, I'm sick of seeing BIMBO, JELDWEN, whatever Houston had on their shirts, HERBALIFE, it cheapens the kit in my opinion and reminds me of a little league baseball team begging for jersey sponsors so they can go to summer camp). Kraft should be funding this team to the point where the only reason to get the extra ad revenue would be for a SSS. But we all know that isnt going to happen anytime soon.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, Bilello said they're getting rid of the silver, so here's hoping.

5. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's hard to do when one company is awarded a deal for the would league.

6. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditching the monochrome would be the first step to that. Navy/Navy/Red would be my preferred combo.

It's hard to make a 'unique' jersey given that all the standard designs are taken.

Hoops - Dallas
    Stripes - LA Goats
    Wide Horizontal Stripe - Chicago
    Wide Vertical Stripe - Philly
    Off-color Sleeves - Portland

The only thing left is a sash, though the USMNT has made that their own, and halved or quartered shirts, which I don't think we want.

7. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are getting red shirts and white shorts and white socks and the old Alfred E. Newmanesque Pat Patriot will be on there, but instead of hiking a football he'll be doing a throw in.! Simply awful.

8. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I completely agree but alas, we are fossils, in the minority. Most kids these days, my son included, are thrilled to behave like sheep and enthusiastically, they parade around a corporate image. They are oblivious the the fact that they are vassals of Madison Avenue. They plunk down money to become a walking billboard; the bigger the logo, the better! Some soccer lemmings will buy a new jersey when the sponsor changes. :rolleyes:

PS: The Peanut and the one before the shoulder pads were by far my two favs.

9. thebigfluff

thebigfluff Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ipswich MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, it never fails, I have brought several people into the revolution and ever since the new jersey, 3 of 5 were doing some serious head scratching thinking we were New England United

Thanks United Health Care, seriously, for giving us another reason to feel shitty about our team. At least we used that sponsorship money for............

Oh wait

10. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, when you think of it.... the new jersey doesn't say Revolution anywhere on it. Unless it's little on the back of the neck. Don't worry too much though.... when I wear my Arsenal Jersey by friends always say "What the hell team is named Fly Emirates?"

11. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Is anyone planning on attending the jersey launch to be among the very first to complain about the new design?

12. thebigfluff

thebigfluff Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ipswich MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Before I started following soccer, a buddy of mine was wearing an Arsenal jersey and I remember asking him why he was wearing an Arab shirt, boy looking back I had a lot to learn :D

13. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The day I attend a jersey launch is also the same day I become a Trekkie.

14. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I will, but only as long as you're here on BigSoccer to be the first person to complain about the complaining...

15. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    Go to the launch as a Romulan dressed in Vulcan clothing. Scandal!

16. RevsFanDan

RevsFanDan Member

May 24, 2005
    North Shore
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get a team and some order before a dumb shirt release???????

Stadium news(SERIOUS and REAL)
    Rebrand
    Burns gone
    Bilello can remain the Somerville, Revs Pro Shop Stock Room Clerk
    and if Heaps is the guy...then GET HIM a REAL Mariner type scout/director/Football guy who knows his Chit..!!

After the seasons that Seattle/KC/LA/Houston/Portland/Toronto and even Vancouver had...we, the bottom of the sludge tank of MLS' septic system, NEED a complete pump out and WASH!!!

17. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome idea... but I can't go, as I've kissed a girl (or two or three or twenty)

18. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    So, no new shirts until well after Fagundez has retired?

19. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time a the new jersey discussion come up, I have to mention my love for the red socks that need to come back. Even if the shirt isn't original enough in design to be instantly recognized as New England Revolution, I think the kit as a whole could at least stand out by breaking up the mono chrome nature.

Ditch the silver, keep it blue and red.

[​IMG]

20. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    They could change their colors to poop brown and have pink bows tied on the shoulders and it wouldn't matter to me. I'm not buying another ********in jersey until this team is worth buying one for.

Every jersey you guys buy is just more validation to that dipshit Kraft that he is doing things right. I know that may rub some of you the wrong way, and you won't be able to have your little Revs fashion show every weekend (oh sorry, "supporting the team"), but it's FO' ********IN REAL!

Stop giving Kraft your money. Stop buying tickets. Stop Buying jerseys. Stop buying concessions, merch, etc....Otherwise, you are contributing to the apathy and failure.

21. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think >50% of the posters on the forum have already taken your advice. In fact, some of us did this in 2008 (what can I say, I'm ahead of the curve :D)

22. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, we're having our jersey unveiling at the Pro Shop?

***shakes head***

Baby steps... at least they're doing something.

23. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Will this also mean that part of the Pro Shop will be selling these new Revs jerseys . . . during the NFL season?

:: sound of heads exploding ::

24. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ding, Dong, the witch is dead. Which old witch? The wicked witch....

25. RevolutionFan

RevolutionFan New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Warwick, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually i was hoping we would get something that would be like the Melbourne Victory (wow im bringing up an A-League jersey, thats sad)With the dark blue and then the white V coming down from the shoulders.... put a little red in it and i think you could have a Revs jersey