New home and away kits

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Home
    [​IMG]

Away
    [​IMG]

Think Ill be buying the away kit this year, home one is nice but not as keen on it. Ill end up buying both...

More images: https://shop.mcfc.co.uk/

2. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I saw a poor quality photo of the home shirt about two weeks ago on a kit rumours thread and declared it a fraud because it was so horrid; it seems I was wrong and never have I been so disappointed in being so. There is quite literally nothing I like about it--it is unimaginative, plain, cheap-looking, and not-at-all the sort of strip that a premier club should be donning.

I am still trying to decide if I even like the away shirt. It is much better than the home and I was hoping they would return to the 60's homage to AC Milan as our change colours. That said, if you enlarge the picture of the shirt on the official shop page you see there is a strange "bubbly" watermark design in the red stripes that just make the shirt look like something from the late 80's/early 90's (which I hoped the fashion/kit/clothing world would never return to). I may resign myself to buying the away shirt so I have a kit from this coming campaign, but I much prefer last season's shirt to that trash.

So incredibly disappointed.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The home one is really simple, reminiscant of our away jumper vs United earlier this year.

Love the away jumper. AC Milan have the best jumper design in the world for mine, and any takeoff of that is usually brilliant (see Nice in france, not sure if they have the same design still)

4. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    I like the new home kit for it's simplicity. I've never really liked the away kit when it contains red! :)

5. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The away kit is obviously designed after the Colin Bell glory era, nice choice kit designers. Nice. Maybe this is another one of those eras. Hopefully.

6. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Like the away shirt but dont get why we are getting new home shirts when the sponsor is the same, the brand is the same and the overall design (location of crest etc) is the same... well of course its due to money :)

7. thecitizen

thecitizen Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The shorts look silly though. :p

8. -Mikuu

-Mikuu New Member

May 12, 2008
    Tallinn, Estonia
    i think i'm the only one but i like the shorts though . i kinda like le coq and their weird asymmetrical stuff . :)

9. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Home Kit = Not Good
    Away Kit = Very Nice, but weary about the bubblies

10. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the City site to get some info for another thread, and I got the "enter MCFC.co.uk" page that they use to shill things, in this case, the new kit.. As you can see, I was unable to post the whole picture, but this is the bit that caught my eye.

Is that Darius Vassel with the modest but undeniable pot belly?

[​IMG]

11. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    Nice away kit :)

12. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    On Darius's behalf, I take exception to your comment. :eek: And for those that haven't seen the full pic, no it's not Darius. Probably a great City fan that watches the matches from the comfort of a bar and fully intends, one day, to start some fitness regime! ;)

13. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    LOL someone thought it was Dabo! But there is no way Dabo would ever look happy in blue...

14. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the new Home shirt looks like a little kid's pajama top and the away kit looks excellent...except for the bubbles?!? this aint West Ham!!!!

c'mon!

15. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    After finally seeing the home kits on our lads against Streymur I can confidently say I hate them. City looked to be wearing pajamas on the field. We look like a conference club that just went into administration. Utter disgrace of a kit.

16. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
  17. pazzmore

pazzmore Member

Jun 17, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps the increase in sales has more to do with the "now more generous" fit and excitement following the club lately??

I went to order the away kit the other night and just couldn't do it with the extremely steep price us Yanks have to pay for such an item with our weakened dollar. I think the shipping alone was £15! I wish there a way to get the shirts in the US without the heavy costs.

Does anyone have any knowledge about a third shirt yet?

I think my fave new shirt this season is AC Milan's third shirt.
    [​IMG]

18. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is true, us yanks have it bad when it comes the the exchange rate. There is a US based store, I think its subside.us or something like that. Anyhow, they usually don't carry the new products anyways. I will probably break down and fork out my 135 dollars for a new kit. Sigh :(

19. Pateau

Pateau New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Toronto
    It's even worse for Canadians. I haven't found any good Canadian sites or stores to buy from, so I end up ordering from US sites and have to pay shipping and duty on it :(

If anyone knows any good places in Canada for jerseys it would be much appreciated :)