New England/Chivas game is scary

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by okcomputer, Apr 26, 2005.

1. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I'm a little worried about this weekends New England/Chivas game. New England is playing great and have arguably the best offense in the league while Chivas is the worst team in the league with arguably the worst defense and goalkeeper. I could envision this game ending up like 6-0 especially with New England at home. Should this happen, I am afraid Chivas fans across the country might tune this team out for the remainder of the season and write them off as a joke that is an embarrassment to the Chivas name. What ever will their already disappointing attendnace fall to then? And how bad will the publicity in the Mexican-American media be for the team? Its kind of unsettling.

2. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Yeah... they need to just remove the salary cap for Chivas USA and let them buy some real talent! :eek: At what point does Vergara figure out a way around the cap... pay them a salary via the team, and then sign them up on "endorsement deals".

3. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    The Revs may be tired from a tough game in Chicago on wednesday. This one may be closer than anyone thinks.

4. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    Things to worry about. Gas prices, if you have to pay all that money for gas. it is hard to get to the stadium and this is another reason why attendance is down at MLS games.

5. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England isn't exactly a defensive juggernaut. Chivas USA will get chances against NE and thier young backline. This in my eyes is their best chance for a win thus far.

6. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    three things in life you can count on
    death
    taxes
    and the Revs losing games they should win

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was death, taxes, and the Rapids playing for a 0-0 draw on the road...

8. firefan12

firefan12 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    chicago
    i could care less if chivas looses by 1 or 10 they stink big time. and i alsodont feel any pity for vergara, remember he is the one that started to talk trash aboout us soccer saying it was mexico versus the U.S. really i could care less if vergara starts to loose money in this venture thats what he deservees for underestimating the talent in the mls.

9. firefan12

firefan12 New Member

Apr 13, 2005
    chicago
    why would okcomputer (a metrostars supporter) who started this thrread be worried about the attendance in carson california? look at the attendance in new york, its much worse.

10. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    I'm concerned because I think many thought the Chivas road show would be the equivalent attendance wise to the Freddy factor last year. It will end up hurting everyone.

11. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    its seems mls fans were expecting a team like Chivas de Guad to be on the pitch more so than the Chivas USA fans

12. Exeter City

Exeter City New Member

Apr 11, 2005
    NH coast/Beverly MA
    NE should absolutely destroy this team. Chivas is pathetic and I cannot wait till they pack up and go home.

13. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    What is the over/under on NE goals?

14. Gaffer69

Gaffer69 New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    NC
    I'll give you 3.5

I'm still not too worried about Chivas' home attendance (although it obviously could be a lot better), I think their biggest impact in terms of attendances will be on the road. Chivas should have more fans at away games than any other team, and having a significant away supporter section will improve the atmosphere at the games - see the San Jose and SuperDerbyClasico games for examples.

15. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Rev season ticket holder who has seen---sure wins---turn into losses I don't think I will ever discount the chances of a team coming into Foxboro and stealing a result. That being said this one should be fun for the Rev faithful and those showing up for Hispanic Heritage Night.
    Revs 4--1

I hope that a loss to the Revs puts the last nail in Smoking Man WRongans coffin and he gets canned. He may know a bit about soccer but he's a very poor locker room coach. Any chances of Chivas putting a competitive team on the field during their first season was doomed when the picked him as a coach, DUMB MOVE. Soccer is a TEAM game and WRongan does not know how to get a team all on the same page.

16. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    [​IMG]