New Coach - Tomorrow (weds the 10th)

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by PCFC, Mar 9, 2010.

1. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been keeping zipped up for months, even when you come to the Red Bull forums and start spouting off about corporate sponsorship and how you can't stand that a soccer team would dare name themselves after a product you don't like.

You are the angriest motherf**ker I've ever seen in a forum. You can't get over the "energy drink" thing...Jesus Christ, I know DCU fans who are tired of reading your bullshit!!!

I notice you're on a yellow card...what is that, exactly? Have you pissed off enough people that even this forum is ready to boot you?

Note to moderator: PLEASE give this pain in the ass a second yellow.

As for FCNY...I hope it comes to fruition. I'd love to see another club in the metro area.

2. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Dear ENERGY DRINK SUPPORTER

you would love to see a minor league club in the metro area sure all yous energy drink lovers would like to see that.... What you do fear is another MLS club in NYC proper....... your energy drink team would then become nothing more than a side in NJ that makes up the numbers the league would no longer care what happens in your beverage world a team in NYC would mean you would become LAST on the list of priority in MLS.......your energy drink team is not capturing the attention of NYC soccer fans new stadium and all in NYC most soccer fans dont care with a few that are the exception...... your name is a handy cap and even you deep down inside wish your name was some thing else.....your own supporters refer and sing for a team that no longer exist.......new digs easy transportation to harrison from 34th street, yet the masses wont go........

your energy drink team will draw as much from NYC as say the NJ Devils do...... those are facts...

as far as FCNY goes past history speaks for itself no minor league soccer team has been able to draw more than 5k on a good night in NYC or Long Island......

as far as DCU goes.....hope they smash up your energy drink side and sweep yous this year..

say what you want about dc at the very least they have a proper club image people can relate to and would want to support..... the same cant be said about yor junk food brand....

3. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) You don't know me. You don't know what I wish for...to say that you know what someone you've never met wishes for is just plain stupid. Even you must be able to understand that...if not, then it wasn't just a stupid comment...it was a stupid comment from a stupid, stupid person.

2) Go back and read my entry...the only thing I said about DCU is that I know a guy who supports them, and even HE is tired of reading your entries.

3) I would like to see a club from ANY level in NYC, and that INCLUDES another MLS club. It would be good for New York City and soccer in general.

4) If you're so angry about all this, why even bother to post? You ruin it for everyone else who wants to talk about MLS without such a downer.

For the record...Red Bull is one of the most disgusting, vile drinks I've ever had the misfortune to try...but it's not about the drink, it's about the team.

Tell me your story, Wile...

...were you a Metros fan who ceased your support because you hate the drink?

Are you one of those, "Damn the man, f**k the corporations" kind of guy? (I used to be that too...then I grew up.)

Please help me to understand why it is you continue to come here - to a forum about soccer - and spend, maybe, 20% of your time talking about the game, while the other 80% is devoted to trying to bring down a club simply because you hate the product they represent. I'm asking nicely, and I'm asking seriously...maybe we can finally nip this in the bud.

4. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I agree with what you said about the soft drink name, and (being from Long Island) I won't go to RBA from LI.

However, they will only stay minor league if everyone has the attitude "I won't support them because they are on LI and they are minor league", like you. If everyone said "******** that, I'm going anyway because it's the only thing around (despite the league and location), they will only grow into a bigger club, thus creating enough revenue for NYC. It will be the defeatist attitude of people that would destroy this club. I know that I'll be going.

I agree with basically all of what you say on here, just that attitude is the part that needs to go. People should get behind the club and support the club, because like i said, they will only grow. What are you going to do if this club pulls in 6k a game, and a team never comes to NYC? They surely have enough fans to stay running, but simply not enough for MLS. It will only be those people with the negative attitude that stop them from joining the MLS/relocating to NYC.

Even being from LI, i would still prefer them being in Queens, because I could take the LIRR to queens. going to hempstead (hofstra), I have to drive. Hempstead is a shit hole and (being a white boy) i'm not sitting at that train station waiting for a train at 10 or 11pm..unless i'm with a group of people.

5. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think he, along many others (myself included), simply will not support them because of the name. The name alone scares me away. I love football, I long to go to live matches. I simply will not support a club called the Red Bulls, no matter the arena/location. If they were in NYC, I still wouldn't support them.

6. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me likes the shirt.

7. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate that you said it in a respectful manner. I have no intention of "calling you out" or getting into any sort of a war of words because, quite honestly, your responses to both myself and Wile exemplify "grown-up conversation", and I appreciate that. But, that being said, I see this issue from another angle altogether.

I think that a person who turns their back on a club just because he doesn't like the new name was never truly a supporter to begin with. Obviously, at one point, you didn't feel this way or you wouldn't have "New York Red Bulls" listed on the left as one of the clubs you support.

As I have stated, I hate the product too. There is no chance on God's green Earth that I will ever let that gut-rotter past my lips again. But I supported the Metrostars, I support Red Bull NY, and I will continue to support this club no matter what their name is in the future...and I think other supporters feel the same.

8. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, redmetrobullstars...I'm from Long Island too. At least we'll always have the Rough Riders in common, right?

9. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was never really a hardcore supporter of them when they were metro. I went to matches here and there, I had metro shirts (which i proudly wore out), and I have it in profile because i do "support" them if someone asks..but I won't make the effort to go to a game, or even consider giving them $1 of my money.
    I'm just patiently waiting for an NYC or Long Island club. If it never comes about, I'll just watch my beloved west ham (which is the club that got me into Football) at Nevada's.

10. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Lol. I always mean to attend their matches, but I just never do for some reason.

I think it because for a long time i always just supported west ham and had no interest in anything else. I'm kind of just waiting for a club to appear that I can love just as much as west ham. Probably also because when i started following west ham, the MLS to NYC thing was huge at the time (as it still is), but i think it started to really take off at around the same time/ maybe a little after i got into football.

I also don't want support the rough riders because I'm not down for the whole switching sides thing. Although RB was a different story.

11. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotcha...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. But, once again, thanks for being mature and respectful about it...there are too many people on this site who like to berate others for a differing opinion...glad to see you're not one of them.

12. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cheers! same to you! nice to have a simple debate with someone instead of the general"***** ***** ********** ** in *** mom***** a birds vagina**** monkey***"

to many internet tough guys in this world.

13. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA! This reminds me of the FCC episode of "Family Guy":

Peter: Oh, Lois, you are so full of (BEEP)! WHAT?! Now I can't say (BEEP) in my own (BEEP)ing house?! Great, Lois. Just (BEEP)in' great. You know, you're lucky you're good at (BEEP) my (BEEP) or I'd never put up with ya. You know what I'm talking about, when you (BEEP) lubed-up (BEEP) toothpaste in my (BEEP) while you (BEEP) on a cherry (BEEP)Episcopalian (BEEP) extension cord (BEEP) wetness (BEEP) with a parking ticket. That is the best!

14. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol. Don't watch much tv, but i tried to youtube it, and this was pretty popular.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NDPT0Ph5rA"]YouTube- Family Guy - The Freaking FCC[/ame]

15. njndirish

njndirish Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Notre Dame, IN
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope FCNY turns out well. As much of a mess that the FO has been, I hope that they approach it as an opportunity to be highly competitive and draw people who may not like the Red Bulls for personal reasons to games. This will make the derbies and fun to watch.

As for Wile,
    1. you make a stink about FCNY being minor league in USL/USSF2/?, that mindset kills soccer. If the smaller teams had no support, why not just get rid of Serie B and the Championship and Bundesliga-2? those are all down a tier I guess. Even better, let's make a European Super league and not invite any smaller clubs.
    2. please stop diverting threads with your stupid red bull rants. I think the Mods are sick of it and will have no problem giving you that second yellow.

16. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I really hope that it turns out well, too.

I'm dying for live football.

17. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football

B-4 any thing Facts speak volume as far as supporting USL minor league soccer 2nd division or what ever you want to call it..... The best numbers were between 2-5K people at LI RR games..... crooklyn knights cant get more than 20 people right now, and the other 2nd tier teams that have come and gone have not done good numbers.....those are facts i'm not making that up...... add to that the major disorganized mind set from the USL and how they have runned things look at where they find themselfs at...... I think the trend with FCNY will be the same as others B-4 them..... I dont expect FCNY to become the next seattle or what rochester was under the Kodak ownership..... the past numbers are pretty good indicators of what FCNY will be.... which is normal for what the USL or NASL is....FCNY ownership while ambitious really are not realistic and their actions til now have screamed disorganized since day 1... in my opinion....

As far as the drink goes yes i was a metro supporter and when the drink came in and bought the club I was pretty pissed off add to that the red headed bastard alexi lalas sad ass video trying to convince me how excited he was about the drink got me off to a bad start..seeing alexi pretending to drink that shit while holding up that stupid looking can was the begining of the end with me.. BUT I STILL WENT AND GAVE THE DRINK A CHANCE...... i really did not care that they were losers and how bad giants stadium was that was not an issue.... The issue was that for starters the name and club image i feel is wrong on every level for a professional franchise and really wrong for this area.., going to see the drink became annoying not because giants stadium is far from NY or security or cause they lost..... It was being bombarded with red bull this and red bull that and red bull here and red bull there over and over again it is clear they want to promote their drink 1st at every turn. they want the free ad space which is fine thats their buisness model i suppose but that does not mean i have to support it....if its about promoting their junk food item i wanted no part i hung in there until enough was enough.. i found my self going to games happy to see them lose and rooting for every one else that they played against then i stopped going i did not want to support a junk food item and that was that.....the name and their image is an issue with me. them promoting their drink at every turn is an issue that i cant get past and thats that.... I wont support it on the reason that it is the only areas pro team or that they have a new beautiful stadium....those are not valid reasons to support a team that i have become disconnected with on every level...

while i may rant about how great DCU is I hate them as well due to their fan altercations, how ever i do plan on doing an under cover flag snatching, but i say it cause its a good way to get the energy drink fans riled up....had the energy drink been smart enough to be the sponcers on the shirt but leave the club with a proper club image i would still be supporting them be that metro or a new name related to soccer if the metro name was no longer accetable.. but when your team is named after your drink and its logo plastered every where 3 times on the jersey the name being mentioned over the PA enough is enough.....

enjoy the energy drink arena..... its the only good thing these austrian have done.........what ever else they do that is positive while i applaud for the future of the game in NJ and what ever positive things they do as a whole is good for the league, i still wont support them any more.....

18. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC New York coach reaching out... O'Riordan quickly connecting with local coaches
    [​IMG]

O’Riordan has been invited to visit with collegiate coaches Carlo Aquista of Adelphi University, Richard Nuttall of Hofstra, Dan Fisher of Nassau Community College, Tony Elmore of Yeshiva University and Enda Crehan of Averett University. Emails were sent to almost 40 area college coaches, laying the groundwork for future relationships.

http://usl1.uslsoccer.com/home/414193.html

19. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New New Coach

Ex-Manchester United, Ipswich player Matt Weston
    takes charge of FC New York
    [​IMG]
    Matt Weston brings extensive playing and coaching experience from both the UK and United States to the program and will take over the technical duties from Don O’Riordan, who has returned to Chengdu, China.

http://www.fcnewyorksoccer.com/home/365616.html

20. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Appropriate *bump* EPJ,

And progress for FCNY....