New Coach - Tomorrow (weds the 10th)

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by PCFC, Mar 9, 2010.

1. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. RBNYSupporter4Life

Nov 26, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally!! Now let's see if they actually field a side in 2011.

3. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so. I'm just curious to see what the whole venture will look like.

4. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    PCFC,

You want to see what this venture will be like??????????????????/

Well your good buddy EL FLACO has a sneak peek Teaser Trailor just for you and any one else who wants a glimpse of the future!!

Sit right up and dont blink an eye,
    click on the link and dont be so surprise,
    get ready to peek in to the future,
    of this Disastrous ride!!!!

Here is your GLIMPSE OF FCNY HO HO ho ho and to all a good night!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F54rqDh2mWA"]YouTube- Hindenburg disaster[/ame]

5. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey it's progress for MS Paint FC. Can't hate on that. Looking forward to a website update. Maybe they will announce that they will play their games at Cyclones Field ala FC Tampa Bay Rowdies...

6. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good move by the Rowdies in my book. All I need is for the club to be accessible to me (i.e. subway).

7. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Don O'Riordan 1979
    [​IMG]

Sorry, but the word "Roughneck" cannot be used for soccer purposes by the USL, as it has been trademarked by the new NASL.... :D

9. Soccaholic

Soccaholic New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Ridiculous hire....excellent I mean.

A few Questions,

Do you think that they are setting themselves up to move into the MLS in a few years? With the Red Bull moving to semi-deep into Jersey, do you guys think this may be the long term plan?

I've heard mixed reports about their home venue, is it Hofstra University or are they building a new complex in the city?

I don't know which way to go on this venture, I love the hindenburg comment and see that as a definate possability, but deep down I hope it works because the game needs to be promoted in the NYC. Getting supporters may be tough though. They should call Jay-Z for some dough and get the celeberties behind this thing. I HOVie is sitting on the 50 yard line and they televise the matches, then maybe. But, no tv not success in my opinion.

10. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    new coach with FCNY shirt

[​IMG]

11. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In 2011 FC New York will be in a 2nd division or in a 3rd division ?

12. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF or whatever it will be called next year along with ATL, Edmonton, and Orlando

13. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope that there will be ONLY one 2nd division level league ( NASL + USL ) also the next year.

14. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USSF 2nd Division is NASL + USL. It is one division separated similarly to National League and American League in baseball.

In regards to the jersey, it wasn't the best pic in the world, but I thought it was very basic. Reminds me of standard rec league jerseys. Actually, some rec leagues I've been in had pretty good jerseys with sponsors.

15. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    So, I guess you'd think Liverpool's or Chelsea's jerseys would look rec league too? Sometimes simple is best. I personally hate all the flashy, crazy looking shirts (ala MLS 1996).

16. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you define semi-deep New Jersey. If Harrison is semi-deep, what is shallow?

RBA is closer to millions of NYCers than other parts of NYC are, and completely accessible by rail.

Not even. The USL and NASL "conferences" are just names put there because of the dispute, they mean absolutely nothing as far as I understand.

17. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta and Edmonton? I think not.

USL1 will have (if it exists in 2011) Austin and Puerto Rico with possibly FCNY and Orlando.

Michigan Bucks PDL team is still pushing for a Detroit USL1 team, and there have been rumors from Hamilton and Ottawa. I am not aware of any other semi-credible potential teams for USL1 in 2011. I guess NuRock has Birmingham and Atlanta, but I haven't heard anything other than NuRock awarded themselves the rights there.

18. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, the jersey looks just like Argentina. Why would I say it looks like a rec jersey for the color pattern?

It looks rec to me because it looks like they bought a template (http://www.buysocceruniforms.com/Umbro-Uniforms.html) and ironed on the patch. Nothing wrong with that. Im just saying that I've seen equal-to or better jerseys in a rec league. I mean I havent seen the whole kit yet, much less on a person...so.

19. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:

1) yes masterHOMO you are right harrison is not a world away about the same time to get to the ENERGY DRINK arena as traveling to Giants stadium in car.... public transportation on the path is no big deal......... But the masses of NYC aint going to go to your drink love fest.... some people just dont care about MLS and guess what some people dont want to support a team named after a drink......... your drink will draw from where they always have, new jersey....metro also drew mostly and 70% from NJ with a few NYC Heads making the treck...... the LI cats will not go to your drink arena...

the energy drink is still not and will never capture more of the NY crowd it wants....

If any one here thinks the masses is going to support a MINOR LEAGUE usl FCNY has a reality check heading their way in the mail....

Minor league soccer clubs in LI and NYC have never done well and have drawn like 2 k tops...

20. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    As far as the jersey goes.....

man its FCNY what more can you expect.......

its fine it wont matter in 5 years time it will be a collectors item seeing how this team wont be around...

21. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes the shirt looks just like the Argentina shirt!!! I've had to bite my tongue for the longest on this. :D

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've seen the shirt up close and its pretty good. I'm not going to make any comments on the badge. It is what it is, but the jersey to me is beyond compare, it's going to be the best looking one in the league. lol :D

23. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But the next year USL1 will be a 2nd or 3rd tier level ?

24. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be honest Fabio, I don't know. USSF 2 right now is just a temporary arrangement.

25. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, what NYC_COSMOS said. Right now USL is planning on having USL1 (div2) and USL2 (div3), just like they had in 2009. But considering at best USL will have 2 maybe 3 solid organizations in USL1 with 5 or more brand new clubs, its hard to believe USSF will give div2 to USL. But who knows.

In any case, I kinda doubt FCNY will leave USL. Several of the NASL owners seem to think very negatively of the team. Worse case scenario, they start in USL2 East in 2011. So there should be a league to FCNY, if they play next year.