new ball?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by UCLAsoccer008, Nov 6, 2004.

1. UCLAsoccer008

UCLAsoccer008 New Member

May 5, 2004
    Just watched Chelsea vs. Everton and did anyone see the Total90 ball they were playing with?!

it was like neon yellow..wtf

2. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    I noticed this as well in the Aston Villa v Portsmouth game

3. DaMunk

DaMunk Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Philadelphia/STX
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    US Virgin Islands
    Same ball. Different color. Eurosport has it for sale. Check the EPL boards - there's a thread in there about it.

4. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
    I didn't see the game, but was this the ball they were playing with?
    [​IMG]

5. benito camelpene

May 31, 2003
    miami
    why the change? i prefer the white and baby blue total 90 ball.

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Its meant to be easier for players to see in the winter. Now it starts to get dark in the UK at around 5pm. Its supposed to show up better under the flood lights. It was the first time they have used the ball today.

appleCORR

7. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    I like it. At Nike Head Quarters in Portland, I saw an all-black ball with silver stripes. This is when they were just releasing the red/white one. So, we may see yet another color.

8. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida
    i heard on an epl review show they made it yellow so it is easier for the fans to see

9. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    It really fits for Arsenal uniform :rolleyes:

10. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia

Absolutely right there. its the hi-vis as in high visibility for the winter months. finally nike made something useful for keepers.

11. zhiyi.

zhiyi. Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Singapore
    arsenal wos wearing their old away kit when they have the blue away kits. weird ! i think they wore it to suit the ball

12. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    On the radio they basically said all the football leagues will be using yellow balls until January or February or something. They did bring up the point that it's a bit silly using yellow balls when teams (like Arsenal) play in all yellow - especially the socks.

I've played with coloured balls before but for me it's stupid using anything other than white.

13. jammybastard

jammybastard Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Flyoverland
    it's the Nike Aerow "Hi-Vis".
    3 yr.s in development. Made specifically for the EPL.
    Besides the high visibility color scheme (supposedly the best tracking ball tested) the other important thing about this ball is that it is insulated.
    Very important if you play outside in cold temps regularly and need a ball to stay consitent in it's performance.

14. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    I saw the show but I'm pretty sure that it's so the players see it better.

15. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    I agree. It's not so smart to use a yellow ball when so many teams wear yellow. I remember there was a bright orange Finale Sportivo with black stars, this is the thing! :)

16. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    True, but im sure Arsenal's kit decision was based as Palace wear Red (clash wid arsenal's home) and Blue (arsenal's new away). Plus the yellow is prolly now officially 3rd kit, a genius ploy to get the 2 years required for a kit whilst being able to market a new one. Notice Chelski wore last years quality white strip in Champs League against CSKA, instead of the hideous current black silver WITH WHITE NUMBERS strip!!! (bitterness as wore silver names/numbers pre-season, which made it kewl, with the white epl numbers tho...)

17. DarrenOHooligan

Apr 19, 2004
    Fanita Rancho Elite
    I was watching FSW and it was either the french league/brazilian/dutch leage (i can't remember cause i watched so much this weekend) was using this new hi-vis nike aerow, and i really like it. I didn't care for it while watching the arsenal highlights, but for teams that aren't wearing the yellow kits, it's great to watch. Very easy to see. I can imagine as a player that ball's probably gret to play with as well.

18. Spurs74

Spurs74 Member

Nov 10, 2003

Although the ball was meant for visibility. Nike made a ball that looks quite something you'd had when you were 4.