new ball is egg shaped?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by rgrayson, Dec 2, 2004.

1. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    eurosport sent the ball deflated like I asked them NOT to but luckily I found a pump and pumped it up. Now today (1 day later) the ball is slightly egg shaped. Will this fix itself? thanks.

its the adidas replica champions league ball btw.

2. onfirst

onfirst Member

Jun 7, 2002
    There is a greater chance that a ball will be damaged if it is shipped inflated, so I dont think a company would ever send a ball inflated. Keep it fully inflated for a couple of days, it should bounce back.

3. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you use the ball it might get its shape back. But i always find with the cheaper Adidas balls that they dont tend to hold their shape well anyhow.

appleCORR

4. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    50$ is cheap? yikes. it didnt have much of a shape to hold lol i just pumped it up yesterday.

5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Remember that there is an inner bladder and an outer shell, with quite a bit of friction between them. It is likely that the inner bladder is not pressing equally on the shell in all places due to how it was inflated. After the ball has been kicked around a little it should equalize.

6. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    ok if its still the same after the weekend ill call eurosport. thanks to everyone.

7. erictheking

erictheking Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I think you may have purchased what is called a 'Rugby Ball'. If I was I'd send it back and buy a 'Football'

8. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
  9. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Go knock it around a little bit. I've had a few balls look a little off center, and after playing w/ them they look better.

10. diablo_nyc

diablo_nyc New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    i usually inflate and deflate it a few times just to loosen up the rubber inside.