New Away Kits?

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by HuntKop, Jul 20, 2005.

1. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Has anyone heard anything about this season's away kits - what they might look like, when they might be out?

2. hartley

hartley Member

I have heard or read somewhere that they will be out about August 7. And that they will be black and white.

3. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks for the info -- do you know if Charlton have had a "traditional" away kit color? I know, for example, that Leeds have had a variety of yellow away kits over the years, but am not familiar with Charlton's away kits (especially pre-1990s).

4. hartley

hartley Member

Personally, I have only been a soccer fan for about four years and a Charlton fan for two seasons.

I do know that before the ugly yellow away kits, the Addicks had a black away kit that looked sharp. I believe the kit supplier at that time was Le Coq Sportif.

I am sure others will chime in with some more background.

5. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I recall a VERY sharp black and red away kit from a few years back. I personally do not like the yellow away kit (even though I am a Columbus Crew supporter).

Very excited to see the new black kit, to be honest.

6. Dapper Doug

Dapper Doug New Member

Oct 18, 1999
    Somerset, Mass.
    Charlton's away kit colors have changed often over the years, including a purple and green from about a decade ago.

White is the most used color, often with a black trim. But pretty much anything has gone over past 20 years, or so.

Predominantly white, with red trim, was a staple until they needed colors that were different from the home kit and didn't clash, so out went the red.

Toffs offers a really nice replica kit of the 1947 FA Cup champions jersey -- white with red collar and red end sleeve rings.