New And Improved Fire-The-Coach and/or GM Thread [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Rodneyd444, Aug 25, 2007.

1. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: You Heard It Here 1st: Yallop Out, Klinsmann In

How reliable is tribal football?

2. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Yallop better get shown the door today.

I think Yallop will be let go today. I doubt they wait until after the Pachuca game. After all, when he was hired, he coached his first game the next day, vs. Chivas.

I'm sad this is ending this way. This team was absolutely not ready for the signing of David Beckham - from the front office on down we were not ready. They grossly underestimated the impact it would have.

Clearly heads have to roll. But a lot of good people are being smashed in the process.

3. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good news, lets all hope it really true, but Yallop is not the only one that should take the fall here!

4. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

this was posted last night on the LARS boards. I heard it there first

5. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know there's some of us that dont go to the LARS board.

6. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You just can't give up coming here, can you?

7. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When its on MLSnet.com I'll believe it.

8. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Folks.

Just a reminder: If we're already talking about it in an existing thread, please do not start a new thread about a related topic.

This is going to get a little messy, but I'm going to combine some threads here to keep it all in one place.

Thanks,

Topper

:D :D :D

9. spongey

spongey Member

Feb 23, 2007
    SF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We?

Are you AEG?

Now that those scum suits are out of the picture the 'Quakes will do just fine, thank you. Oh sorry. . . forgot they're still a big part of the LALA scene.

I was also at that U8 game. . . and I was thinking about that exact phenomenon. . . this game has 12,649 folks in attendance, I wish we could get that many out to one of the 'Quakes games.

10. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ok,OK you win:p

11. CSUFstewie

CSUFstewie Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Placentia, CA

Jazic to TFC
    Donovan to Colorado
    Cannon to Colorado
    Ugo and Casey to LAG
    Draft picks + cash to LAG from TFC
    Pete to USL

12. LOSTT

LOSTT Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    New and improved thread huh? cool. Just had to post this.

[​IMG]

Get it? Huh? Huh? Do you?

13. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Well in 6 months we've only gotten worse!

14. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of 5:45 pm eastern time on Monday August 27th on the front page of yahoo sports news...

By Ian Parker Special to PA SportsTicker

The Los Angeles Galaxy are in an almighty rut. Getting out of it might require some radical moves. Jobs are on the line and the two men at the top general manager Alexi Lalas and head coach Frank Yallop are the two who need to worry most. Reports on Monday say Galaxy owner AEG is ready to replace Yallop with former Germany manager Jurgen Klinsmann, who lives in California. AEG wants a man who is capable of dealing with star names. Yallop has done little to show he is that man as the team has limped along all season and if anything become worse since Beckham arrived. It's not been easy because of the spotlight thrust on us, Yallop said. You try to imagine the hysteria surrounding his arrival but when he's here it's so different. It's not been easy. It's been kind of testing, to be honest.

It is indicative that it is AEG, and not Lalas, that is said to be reviewing Yallop's position. Lalas might not be around himself to welcome any new coach. It is said that Lalas needs a trophy and Wednesday's SuperLiga final is his only chance to keep his job. AEG is concerned that Lalas took his eye off the ball to focus on the Beckham deal at the expense of the rest of the team. The result is that Beckham has been thrust into an uncompetitive side producing poor displays at a time when the club is supposed to be the shining example in MLS. On Friday, the club named former assistant coach Paul Bravo as director of soccer. Bravo will take over responsibility for all technical and business issues relating to the team. Bravo will report to Lalas, but his arrival is a clear threat to the former USA international's future in Los Angeles. There was some good news for the Galaxy this week, and they can thank their woeful record in part. The Galaxy landed United States Under-17 prospect Israel Sesay in a weighted lottery. With the weightings decided in reverse order of the current standings, the Galaxy had an 18.5 percent chance of winning the lottery, second only to Real Salt Lake, and came up trumps. Sesay, 16, was born in Sierra Leone but has lived in Maryland since the age of 11, progressing through U.S. Soccer's youth development programs. "We are excited to have a player of Israel's potential joining the Galaxy," said Bravo. "We've been tracking him for the last 18 months and have been very impressed with him. Israel is a very talented player who has great pace, is good one-on-one player, and is someone that we see a lot of potential in."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mls/news;_y...rYF?slug=txmlstalkingpoints&prov=st&type=lgns

15. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I just started playing the "Jeopardy" theme on a continuous loop! I swear I will leave it running until these two "knuckleheads" are gone!

16. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. poetic25

poetic25 New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Chatsworth
    Fire Lalas. AEG do us a favor and sell the team.

Only in my dreams that would happen.

18. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    playing manager.

this is good... I like to see real moves.

So to Toronto : Cannon (192k) Jazic (108k)

for

Maurice Edu (78k) Todd Dunivant (100k) and maybe to match the dollars
    Kevin Goldthwaite (35k)

And if need be toss in a Troy Roberts (30k)

Just Dump Pete Vagenas - I seriously cant see any MLS team taking him on at his current salary. (135k)

Cobi Jones retiring and that will free up (95k)

Kelly Gray (85k)
    Quavas Kirk (75k)
    Kyle Martino (55k)
    Kevin Harmse (40k)
    Gavin Glinton (50k)
    Chris Klein (185k)
    Edson Buddle (150k)
    Alan Gordon (38k)
    Carlos Pavon (275-330k)

Pick three, but 3 from list have to go.

In the bank for next year so far $225k.

19. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Your perogative. I feel I've been through enough torture already.

20. Warbuxx

Warbuxx Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Hope this is not seen as trolling, but watching the LA vs Col match yesterday, I was absolutely shocked to see Galaxy players panting, winded and about out of gas thirty minutes into the first half (can't quite remember which particular player it was, might've been Gordon or Klein). More players were looking winded early in the second half.

I'm curious how such a poor fitness regimen cannot be the fault of the coach. There seems to be some sympathy for Yallop so I'm curious how Galaxy fans feel about something as basic as fitness.........which so many of the team's players seem to be lacking.

Does anyone have some insight into just how strenuous and demanding Yallop's practice sessions with this team are?

21. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Re: playing manager.

I'd look to replace Klien, Buddle, and Gordon.

22. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks dude. We hear you loud and clear. We've been talking about this already all season long.

Dont forget, we are now into our ridiculous schedule of 3-4 games a week for the rest for the season.

23. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you taken the time to note how many games in such a short period of time these guys have played, or the amount of travel they've had to endure recently? It plays a huge role in their fitness level.

24. lokiunt

lokiunt New Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Los Angeles
    don't forget Colorado's high altitude kills us, especially with such a short adjustment period

25. Warbuxx

Warbuxx Member

Jun 23, 2002
    Forgot about that. I wasn't disappointed in players being physically weary. I was surprised to see them panting and seeming to be lost for breath relatively early in the match. But your answer does explain it. Point taken. Thanks.