New advertising campaign better than last year?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by scheck, Mar 10, 2008.

1. scheck

scheck Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't remember the billboards and buses, is that new? It's exciting nonetheless.

Only 18 more days till the season starts!

2. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    Can't imagine the busses would be new. Columbus was doing that back in 97 or so.

The banners downtown are similar to the ones that the Mammoth have up, I'm particularly thinking of the ones on Speer. Curious, I saw last night they got 18k to the Pepsi Center for a lacrosse game. I know the sport is getting big out here, but is the team competitive? Why can't the Rapids push for something like that.

3. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    None of that is new. They did both last year. The buses had adds the year before that too. Look for a booth by the teamstore after the banners come down and you can buy one from the team(if they do t again this year. They had them last year for $25 if I remember correctly).

I would venture to say that the amount of bus advertisements might have gone up.

4. BarcaFC

BarcaFC New Member

Apr 4, 2007
    The Colorado Mammoth sell out all their games...they have 3 division titles and won a championship in 2006 and are always competitive.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sell out or give out? I might have my lacrosse leagues mixed up, but weren't their reports that they give away a ton of tickets to these games and/or sell tickets for as low as $5? That would go a long way in influencing the numbers.

6. BarcaFC

BarcaFC New Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Yes games are cheap, but they still manage to get 18K every game. They hold the NLL attendance record.

7. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way you're mixed up...both have big giveaways. I've heard of 5-7K comped for both. The Mammoth, like the Crush, are one of the few teams in their respective leagues that have a near-capacity following, due in part to their success.

8. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    makes you wonder how good things could be if only we could taste success just once.

9. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure a Rapids marketing employee can correct me, but I believe they have done all these things before in the pre-season. The international feel is also similar to last years "welcome to the world's game." Interestingly, the Rapids used the marketing firm first that MLS is now using, bringing a league wide shift to this international marketing feel. The right move, IMO.

10. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that the Mammoth are one of the biggest draws in the state. And I have friends who own 11 season tickets, they don't comp that many tickets. Same with the Outlaws, they draw the league record for all of last season. Yea they do have tickets starting at $5 bucks, but so do (did) the ROX, and not many went to those games. Plus it helps when KBPI talks Mammoth lacrosse more than they do rock (music) sometimes.

So as hard as it may see to underestand, the Mammoth may actually SELL more tickets than the Rapids. Pathetic right? I guess thats what happens when you win so many division titles and a championship in such a short exisitence....

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    11 season tickets? Either :

a) filthy rich
    b) forgoing retirement savings
    c) tickets are below dirt cheap

12. teddy_montoya

teddy_montoya RapidsThugLife

Nov 9, 2006
    Supporters Terrace
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are somewhere in the lower end of Pepsi Center, scattered across. I think they run for $170-200. But thats not bad. I also would put them in the category of a) somewhat wealthy.......:)

Because if I really wanted to I could get the same amount of tickets for about $2,000. Pretty good deal to me......

(Tickets are dirt cheap too though)

13. Rabidratz

Rabidratz Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    They tell people across Colorado to watch for the advertising in Metro Denver!!!!!! So how are people in Longmont, Fort Collins, Loveland, Boulder and other towns supposed to know the season is starting if they dont happen to go to Denver? Put something in the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News for pities sake, at least they go out all around the state and will have a wider audience than just the Denver Metro area. Reach out to a potential fan base around the state!