Neville

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, Dec 7, 2007.

1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
  2. TheBaRoN

TheBaRoN Member

Jan 23, 2006
    London, England
    Game over for England at least?

3. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hate his guts, but he is a bit like Cafu, and will go on at least until he is 37.

5. clynnog

clynnog New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    He who refers to himself in the 3rd party will never willingly retire from England duty. He does seem rather arrogant/aloof and full of himself..witness his demeanour when Ferdinand had him caught on camera before WC 2006 and his demeanour when somebody got hold of his cell # and was calling him.

6. Manchester Hammer

Dec 7, 2007
    California
  7. Devil_78

Devil_78 Member

May 7, 2001
    Kashiwazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally, I hope he gets back. He's a pretty solid defender, and has plenty of experience behind him, and is a boon to any squad he is in. I allways wonder about our back line. It is full of guys who have moments of utter madness decend upon them. Neville has allways been pretty 'calm' and solid at the back, much less prone to these head-case moments.

8. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Assuming he's playing at the same level once he recovers from this latest setback, I'd think there's definitely a place for him in the England squad. Capello likes old and tested fighters like Neville, so he would definitely give him a run out, if he impresses and there are no other suitable RB candidates I could see Capello start Neville on the right and put Micah Richards in the middle alongside John Terry. He did the same thing with Michel Salgado and Sergio Ramos at Madrid despite the fact that Michel Salgado was clearly showing his age (Salgado and Neville are the same age but while Neville has more or less maintained form since hitting 30, Salgado has gone from best RB in Spain to team mascot at Madrid).

9. ray of truth

ray of truth New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    hate his guts, but he is a bit like Cafu, and will go on at least until he is 37.

10. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Thats already been said ,echo man

11. KumarsS

KumarsS Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Champaign, IL
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sorry to say, unless he can play left-back, there's no place for him in the current England defence. Terry, Ferdinand and Richards have all shown that they merit their positions. Playing Richards in the heart of defence is folly since a) he is a far more effective right-back than center-back and b) Ferdinand is a world-class defender, and he's been in blistering form.

12. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Neville and Richards is ample depth at right back, although Neville is becoming more and more brittle, ala Michael Owen. Richards will be a permanant staple at right back for England I believe, although he is such a great athlete, he can perform adequately at CB as well...

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hes a better centre half imo

rather he played inside than rb and we had a natural successor to neville whose been a good servant for over a decade and is still englands best rb