PBP: Netherlands vs Denmark: June 9 - Metalist Stadium [R]

Discussion in 'Group B - Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal' started by JaredSS07, Jun 2, 2012.

1. JaredSS07

JaredSS07 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    Netherlands vs Denmark
    June 9, 18.00 CET
    Metalist Stadium

sidspaceman repped this.
  2. __Dynamite__

__Dynamite__ Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Krusa (Denmark)
    Call me delusional but I can see us getting a result here. Our defense won't hold against the dutch firepower, true, but their defense too is rather weak for a top team. I predict a 2-2. :)

3. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder for whom I should root for from a German perspective.

A draw?

4. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am quite confused, too. I like Denmark, so I actually want them to qualify from this group. But on the other hand, I think it will be best for Germany that the Netherlands win against Denmark.
    In this case, Netherland don't desperately need to win against us and Denmark will probably be eliminated when they face us in the last group match.

But what I wish for is of no concern for this match. I expect the netherlands to win quite easily, like they did in 2010.

5. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Denmarks 2010 WC team consisted of a fair lot of old guarders that got a last championship, so its not the best to draw parallells to.

Through i still argee that Denmark should be happy getting out of the match with a draw (Denmark suffers a bit from a thin attack and running the reserve keeper, while Netherlands have some weak spots in their defense)

6. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    The reserve keeper (Stephan Andersen) is 10 times more solid than our first keeper though (Thomas Sørensen) who is pure garbage and should've been sent off the team decades ago. There was a national celebration when Morten Olsen decided not to include him in the squad. And then we have Anders Lindegaard ready to go in if needed. Our keeper situation is not the biggest problem I reckon

Our biggest weakness is definitely Bendnter, who is pracically useless when he's not on his game and when he's on his game he is average at best.

Being off of the danish bread that tend to overratede its own team I'm gonna support the 2-2 prediction. :)

7. __Dynamite__

__Dynamite__ Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Krusa (Denmark)
    Quoted for truth.
    Our main problem is that Bendtner is indeed the best forward in the team and let's be honest: he's quite shit. I have the sneaky feeling, though, that he will have a good tournament and actually score goals for us. Don't know why, don't know how, maybe with Eriksen making a Özil 2010 cameo or whatever, but I got that feeling.

8. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    Let's hope so. All though I'm not sure that he's our best striker. I think people are generally blinded by the fact that he once played in Arsenal and automatically conclude that he must be good. But then again he has surprised me before and occasionally done some brilliant stuff (heh yeah I used the word 'brilliant' in the same sentence as Bendtner). I still remember the goal he made against Portugal in Parken at the WC qualifiers.

But I wouldn't be one bit dissapointed if Olsen put Nicklas Pedersen up front. Apperently he's on the roll right now.

9. rafal89

rafal89 New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Club:
    Wisla Kraków SSA
    Dont be surprised to see the Danish pull off a upset

10. Poison Peanut Machine

May 22, 2012
    Question for the Danish fans, what do you believe will be your starting 11 this saturday?

Bert van Marwijk will most likely start with this:

Stekelenburg
    vd Wiel - Heitinga - Vlaar - Bouma
    de Jong - v Bommel
    Robben - Sneijder - Afellay
    v Persie

Vlaar is playing because Mathijssen is not fit enough, and because of this veteran (read: over the hill) Bouma will play instead of rookie Willems. Van Marwijk's probably afraid he'l be too much of a liability without backup from Mathijssen. Which is a mistake in my opinion, Bouma is the biggest liability of all, in any circumstance. Also I don't understand why he doesn't just play Huntelaar up front and v Persie behind him in Sneijder's place. The man's in terrible form, just bench him.

11. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    Most likely

Stephan Andersen
    Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Simon Poulsen
    William Kvist, Niki Zimling
    Christian Eriksen
    Dennis Rommedahl, Niklas Bendnter, Michael Krohn-Dehli

With Agger, Kvist and Eriksen as the key players. It used to be that 80% of our attack happened over the right flank but with Poulsen (who is one of the most aggressive playes we have) in the squad it has evened out. On the flip side he is pretty shaky as a defender so Robben will have alot of room to operate on.

With Poulsen and Kjær on the team we are pretty vulnerable defensively and most danish supporters wants Andreas Bjelland to replace Kjær (you will get to know him next season as he transferes to Twente this summer)

12. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Zimling seems unlikely, given that he've just been sent to the hospital in an ambulance, with what appearntly looks like some kind of injury in his right foot

13. bioskope

bioskope Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    rooting Denmark, simply because they dont stand a chance in hell. Then again if they pull of a Swiss style containment act, I'd love it.

14. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    While i argee that Netherlands have better chances of winning than Denmark have, i think its overstating that Denmark have no chance at all ... Its not for nothing that Denmark have a 9'th place on Fifa rankings (and was unfairly underestimated in the pots), and in probably any other group Denmark would be a serious contender

I've got money on a 1-1 Draw

15. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18233758

Would be interesting to see if my nation again draws a lot of bashing from the big nation hypocrites, who simply do not want to see us winning games and think that Spain and Germany are the resurrections of Jesus, without any nasty traits.

Go Holland. Please win. I want to see the sour faces of Gary Lineker and Alan Hansen with their commonplaces like "defeat for football".

16. ApoJapo

ApoJapo Member

Jun 2, 2004
    I think this will be a boring game. Probably a draw.

17. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah, I'm hoping for a more spectacular showing compared to the game 2 years ago. That wasn't a good game at all.
    3-1 Oranje.

18. Mr X

Mr X Member

Denmark
    Jun 6, 2012
    Man I'm nervous. I just hope it's not gonna be a Russia vs. Check Rep power display.

Come on Denmark!

19. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Holland will win 2-0... goals by VP & Robben

20. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    game on no flames and no trolls.

21. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I'm questioning the wisdom in using Jethro Williams ... he's going to be the target man for making a break through at

22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the Danes have scored

23. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't counting Denmark out. 0-1.

24. RobbyRobson

RobbyRobson Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HAHAHA GO DENMARK!!^^:D

25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was 20 years ago, 20 years ago... what comes around goes around... :ROFLMAO: