Nery Castillo at Shakhtar Donetsk [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  2. esesam

esesam Member

Dec 15, 2005
    IL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Re: Nery Castillo at Shakatar FC

shakatar fc will make it into the second round of the champions league

Ֆուտբոլային Ակումբ Փյունիկ Երեւան will be shakatars rival

3. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

nery will score 100 goals....:(

4. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

what a shame, I think this is only gonna hurt his game and possibilities. it would have been a lot easier for him to move to a bigger club if he had stayed in greece. now, any team that wants him will have to fork over 15+million and I doubt most big teams will wanna do that if hes playin in the ukrainian league.

oh well, hes gettin like 5 times more than what he was making in olympiakos. i probably woulda done it as well. he probably thinks he can play there for a year or 2, make a ton a money and then move to a bigger club. who knows if that will happen

5. mj23dabestever

mj23dabestever New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    San Jose
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The only player I recognize on their team is Elano who won the Copa with brazil. I wish nery well even if its not such a great league

6. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005

Nery will pwnt everybody in this league.

7. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I didn't know the ukranian league had that kind of feria. Is this normal for them or is it like a record contract type of deal?

8. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Nery Castillo at Shakatar FC [R]

Brrrrrrr...

9. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007

Cmon guys Shaktar is not that bad...It's one of the top two teams in the Ukrainian league...Shakter finished 3rd in Group D of Champions League last year, ahead of Olympiacos. They beat Roma last year in Champions League..They held there own against 3rd place winner Sevilla in the UEFA Cup, losing 5-4 on aggregate goals in the Round of 16..And they have made better moves then Olympiacos has this offseason (one let go of Nery, the other got Nery)

10. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006

I wouldnt hate on where hes at just yet. For all we know the league might be relatively competitive. If he can play well there, more teams will be interested in him. Look at Adu, he plays in the wasteland called Real Salt Lake, and hes rumored to be on the move out of there. If you can move from there you can move from anywhere.

11. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005

Man, this one sucks, I was hoping to see Nery in La Liga or EPL pretty soon, but Ukraine???, one thing is for sure the money he's gonna get is very tempting and I can't blame him for taking the offer. The saddest part is the length of the contract, hopefully he can get of the hook by year two and finally move to a top league.

One thing can be said about Nery Castillo Sr. (after all he's the one that calls the shots), he has always made the best decision to help and protect his finances, but not always this decisions have helped the athletic development of his child. Oh well, here's hoping that this little adventure is over sooner rather than later.

On a side note, with this transfer Nery becomes the most expensive and best paid Mexican player abroad.

12. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Well, Adu is moving on because he had a nice U20 WC tournament. It had nothing to do with his career in the MLS or he wouldn't be going anywhere.

For Nery to move on from this team he will have to play balls to the walls and take his team to the top of the champions league or somewhere near it.

13. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006

A U20 should hardly be the reason why a player gets to move on to somewhere else. If that were the case, why isnt a guy like the goalie Blanco getting offers right now? Oh wait, its because he doesnt have a hype machine behind him. Teams know who Castillo is, he just needs to keep playing good and more offers will come.

14. mixtil36

mixtil36 Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    Club León
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

The owner of Shakhtar is a Tatar named Rinat Akhmetov who is worth $15.6 billion dollars. He is suppose to be some type of big shot over there in Donetsk and involved in some shady businesses (Red Mafiya) and a big supporter of the current president. Some of these Russian and Ukrainian teams are owned by wealthy people, like Abramovich owns Chelsea FC and CSKA Moskow.

Hopefully Nery does well in the Ukrainian League and leads Shakhtar to a title. They did finish second last year in their league.

15. El Fantasma

El Fantasma New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Vista, CA

Best of luck to Nery, one day he'll play for an A-list team

16. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Dude I think your cool but are you effin serious?

Vela got bought by arsenal and then loaned out because he did well in a tournament of much lesser pedigree. Vela was only in the youth ranks at chivas and no one knew who he was until the tournament in Peru. It pains me to say this, but without that tournament, I think he probably would still be in their youth ranks.

U20 > U17 by a large margin.

I don't watch MLS at all but what I've gathered from these boards is that he couldn't even crack a starting role on his old team and he didn't do much at RSL. So the only reason he moved across the atlantic is because of the U20.

17. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Vela would be bench... no way would he be in the youth ranks.. Chivas gives youngsters a chance

18. mexnic

mexnic New Member

Jul 18, 2007

so when does the Ukrainian league and their Champions league qualifications begin?

boy theres a question i never thought i would ask:rolleyes:. and here i was complaining that he was going to go to man city

19. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Fair enough. Although I think that if Bofo and some other guys had been resigned and this wasn't a rebuilding phase, I'm not so sure he would be getting a chance yet.

20. robbits

robbits Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Eh. I'm not at all content with this, but I really can't see him staying at Shaktatar for more than 2 years.

21. Banner or Hulk?

Mar 11, 2006

Yep, im serious. Velas a different case from Adu because Vela wasnt getting first team exposure, whereas Adu has been nothing special throughout his club experience. Seeing as how my comment took this thread off track, lets try to get this back to being about Castillo. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it further with me though.

Mexnic, i would imagine the Ukranian league will kick off soon, like most others are poised to do. I did a quick google search of the name, and didnt get much info about the team.

I wonder if Telemundo will start showing the occasional game of theirs, they did for Stuttgart.

22. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You running for mod?:D

I'll just agree to disagree.

Nery will do great I'm sure, but I may have also taken the paper myself. As a fan though, I would've liked to see him go elsewhere.

Let's see what happens.

23. grrrr

grrrr New Member

Jun 29, 2006

indeed that would be because the ukranian league is virtually new
    and the money has been flowing only since very recent years, there is not much difference between dynamo kiev - shatkar - kharkiv and olympiacos - aek - panathinaikos.

i mean luciano galletti? is he the biggest transfer in greek league this year? what a joke

24. Mexican_Texan

Mexican_Texan New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Houston, TX

50 goals with Shaktar should get Nery with a team like Valencia or Sevilla.

25. cesar070707

cesar070707 New Member

Aug 12, 2006

is anybody gonna get the jersey