Nery Castillo a la seleccion?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    just saw it on Protagonistas..

Uruguayan Mexican.

father played in Mexico for Potosi.

currently using the uruguayn passport in greece.

has mexican citizenship and birth certificate.

has been called up by the uruguayan nat team.. but father told him to go to Mexico.. and said he is willing to play for Mexico

2. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nery Alberto Castillo

yup he's a midfielder, think he plays as left wing.. born on 13 June, 1984

Youngster who transferred to Olympiakos from Danubio just after turning sixteen. Missed out on a move to Manchester United as he could not get a work permit. Good talent who was the youngest player registered in Champion's League group stage 2000/01.

[​IMG]

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nery Alberto Castillo

Just the type of player we need :)

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    His father Nery Castillo was also a fan favorite in San Luis, one of the most popular players there. The said it was just like Zague and it true, with the exception that Zague´s dad was a bigger star. Lavolpe should definetely cap him especially with the bad performances by the sub-23 team. Maybe even the sub-20 WC especially with Medina gone.

5. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    They said that his mother is Italian and his has the Italian passport and so doesn´t take a foreigner slot.

6. Machetazo

Machetazo Member

Mar 20, 2002
    L.A.
    huh?

WTF? He has already been called up for Uruguay, so that means that he cant play for another country right?

7. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apparently he was contacted by the Uruguayan FA but not called up.

8. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I doesn't matter if he was called up, only if he played. He is currently leading the Greek league in goals. Just what we need!!!

Article on him in ESTO

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    de la prensa Uruguaya (ayer)

GOL DE NERY CASTILLO. Por el Campeonato de Grecia de Primera División, Olympiakos, le ganó al Kalithea 2 a 0, con un nuevo gol, el primero del partido del Uruguayo -cuarto en dos juegos- a los 58 minutos.

10. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    I wonder why his father told him to go Mexico? Better chance of playing in the World Cup?

What else did the Protagonistas show reveal RDL?

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    NOTICIERO TD

they also mention that the national team will consider more games in mexico than in the USA, the comment was followed by el Piojo interview supporting the idea, specially the time.

the time that the players will have to return to local clubs, he considers that a lil of money will be lost on taquilla (dollars vs pesos), but hotel and travel be should consider, in busy season for all involved.

I am thinking, how can they do that, if AEG sports has sign el tri for at least 6 presentations a yr in usa soil.....or that is anywhere?

12. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Citizenship and birth certificate? That meeeaaaans he was born in the motherland.

Okay, so basically he's one of us.

I'm all over this. No foreign foul play here. He was born in our tierra, he belongs on our team.

So, does this mean we have a goalscorer now?

Great.

I hate Jared and Bofo. Bravo is cool, though.

13. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Was listening to Radio Unica yesterday and Jorge Ramos mentioned nery castillo. Im all for it, i guess its his choice if he wants to play for uruguay or mexico.

14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well Uruguay has a world cup qualifier next month and if he plays for them bye bye El Tri.

Friendlies don't count so maybe calling him up for the Under 20 World Cup would be a good idea or the Olympic qualifiers going on right now.

15. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Una joya mexicana pulida en Uruguay

[​IMG]

Por Rodrigo MACOTELA.

UNA historia similar a la de "Zague", es la de Nery Castillo, jugador de futbol que se encuentra en Grecia con el Olympiakos.

Nació en México, cuando su padre del mismo nombre, jugaba en el San Luis, pero desde muy pequeño se fue a vivir a Uruguay, país de origen de sus padres.

Actualmente es el líder goleador de la liga helénica, y cuenta con apenas 19 años. Es el jugador más joven en la actual Liga de Campeones y cuenta con pasaporte italo-mexicano, así que en Europa es comunitario y no ocupa plaza de extranjero. Surgió como futbolista profesional en Uruguay, donde debutó con Danubio.

Ahora, en época de crisis de delanteros mexicanos, Ricardo La Volpe le ha echado el ojo para futuras convocatorias en la Selección.

Al estratega nacional le gusta la manera de jugar de Castillo, y está convencido de traerlo a jugar con el Tri.

LO QUISO EL MANCHESTER

A los 16 años, el Manchester United se fijó en sus cualidades cuando jugaba en Uruguay con Danubio, pero por no conseguir permiso de trabajo en Inglaterra, se quedó en el país sudamericano.

Después se concretó su pase a Grecia, con el Olympiakos, donde marcó en su primer año 20 goles, una marca que lo llevó a la cúspide, y hasta el momento es uno de los ídolos de aquel equipo.

Juega como mediocampista porque tiene la habilidad de un "diez". Es rápido, inteligente y atrevido.

CONSENTIDO DE URUGUAY

En los últimos días ha recibido críticas muy positivas. En Uruguay se habla mucho de Castillo; es un futbolista que gusta por su estilo de juego, y en el país sudamericano hay esperanzas de verlo pronto en un equipo grande de Europa.

http://www.esto.com.mx/031022/fut_inter/5fut_inter.asp

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I have no beef. Born on Mexican soil and spent some of his younger years in Mexico.

I think that is going to start happeing a lot.

Many foreigners always say, my son is Mexican. I think they say that because they want to ensure thier kids stay in Mexico.

Zague Sr - Zaguihno
    Davino - Davino

even Dario, who got citizenship got one of his other kids citizenship. One of his children was born in Mexico, the older one wasnt. He came here in 94. Almost 10 years.

17. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    turn on your radios. Radio Unica have an interview with him.

18. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Where was the Davino brothers dad from?

Also I need you guys to summarize the interview on Radio Unica since I don't have a radio and my internet connection is failing me. Thanks!

19. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Davinos dad was born in Argentina but played footy in Mexico.

As for the Interview. Jorge Ramos asked if which seleccion he would rather be in. Nery said he would love to be in either of them but he is more inclined with Mexico since he was born there. Jorge Ramons then asked him to explain what position he plays. Nery said he plays as a number 10 but in Olympiakos they play him as a striker. Jorge Ramos then told him that a number ten is what Mexico has been lacking for years and that he would fit in like a 'ring'. Has anyone seen him play before? He is the scoring leader in the Greek League at the moment.

20. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Thanks he would fit like a ring.

21. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I remember him when Juve beat Olympiakos 2-1, I didn't really pay any attention to any of olympiakos players but I remember him being the match surprise, from what I saw he has very good individual and passing skills..even the comentaristas were a bit surprised by this guy. He didn't play the whole match though.

22. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    I will tell you who Mexico needs in a short summary

Gaytan

(punto com)

23. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Gaitan is not Mexican. No thank you

Alex Fernandes, Walter Gaitan, Julio Cesar Pinhiero, Antonio Naelson "Zinha" have all stated they would be more than happy to play for Mexico..

But I dont beieve in Mercs. If you are born in Mexico or are of Mexican descent, then you are okay in my book. Thats how the constitution sees it, thats how I see it.

Naturalized Mexicans are citizens and should have every right, but not positions that belong to Mexicans. Whats next? A naturalized Mexican wants to become president of Mexico?? Sorry, A Zinha, Pinhiero, Gaitan will never feel what I or any other true Mexican feel for my country and my flag.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Naturalized Mexicans

If a nationalized player plans to make his Life in Mexico then i have no problem with him being in the National team. The players who allready have Mexican born kids, own property ect.. In Walter Gaytans case it is very difficult to tell. He has been in Mexico just recently and at this point it seems more like he would do it only for personal reasons.

25. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Re: Naturalized Mexicans

I agree here, but where do you draw the line and how do you know who is really going to play balls out for el tricolor.

Another question......Nery Castillo was born in Mexico, but did he really grow up Mexican, eating "frijol y tortilla" like Lapuente wants the Mexican players in the National Team to be.

Nery Castillo has Constitutional rights, but did he grow up Mexican? Will he play balls out for el Tricolor?