Nelson Akawari to Metros......

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by stopper4, Aug 12, 2002.

1. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    oh crap. Well, good for Nelson, he needed a gig soon before he dropped off the map.

Next up, Alex Yi.

3. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Too bad he couldn't sign with us. Those who have met him know what an incredibly nice guy he is. Hopefully he can rub off on the Metro************ers.

4. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does he need a gig now? I thought he was still elligible to play for UCLA in the fall, and don't the U-20s have a big tournament coming up?

I don't understand why he signed NOW. Why didn't he sign at the beginnig of the season?

5. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that he is not that good. we sure as heck don't need him. He would at best be our 7th defender next season.

6. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    He may have decided that playing is more important than being close to home. Dallas has a plethora of talent in the defense, and with the exception of Morrow, most of them are young. With the Metro, he has a fine chance of playing, particularly if they switch back to the 3-5-2. On top of that, apparently Brad Davis is one of his best friends. If he signs for the draft, he'd get drafted by a random team, because he could be a top 5 pick, and neither Dallas nor the Metros will likely pick that high. This way, he plays for a team where he has a good chance of breaking into the lineup and he already knows one of the players.

JMac