need helping contacting coaching staff

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by danedwards9, Nov 18, 2004.

1. danedwards9

danedwards9 New Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Hi,
    my name is Daniel and I live in England.
    I play professional soccer in London for a team called Queens Park Rangers and we have been promoted to the Championship League (division below the EPL).
    Because of the promotion and my age ( 19 ) they have allowed me to end my contract with them and therefore I am allowed to play for another team.
    I was wondering if anyone has got any advice for me about who I should contact in the Colorado Rapids regarding a trial? My agent would send them my player profile but needs contact details first.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    dan!

my email address: danedwards9@hotmail.com

2. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the GM just got fired. The Rapids' phone number is (303) 405-1100.

3. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    If your agent was worth a damm he'd have all that information.

4. Colo11

Colo11 New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Parker, CO
    Good ol' fashioned American hospitality at it's finest! No wonder we're so highly respected outside of our country.

5. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Bilbo may not have minced words, but he's right.

In all honesty, the Rapids won't consider a player who contacts them directly. They receive piles upon piles of phone calls, emails and letters from players throughout the world every single day, and give them the same response.

There are specific channels that players need to go through for consideration -- and not just in MLS. This is generally handled through an agent, a players' union, a manager, or a coach. On rare occasions there are combines and tryouts (such as Chivas' recent sessions).

6. Bilbo

Bilbo New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Box under I-25/ I-70
    The reason we aren't respected is because you jackoffs just re-elected a guys who had a grudge and decided to create a war out of it. If you don't have an agent make sure you have a strong resume and tape of yourself to send to them. That is my best advice.

7. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO

Yeah.........that's the only reason. It has nothing to do with anything else.......................whatever.

Maybe it's because of this attitude in general.

8. greenie

greenie New Member

Feb 6, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Trust me, this still won't be enough to get the attention of the team if it comes directly from a player. The team gets sent stacks of this stuff.

9. askum33

askum33 New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bilbo again.

LMFAO! :D

10. Colo11

Colo11 New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    Parker, CO
    I'm sure... and I actually agree with Bilbo but thought he was a bit harsh on the guy - bad day??? So I'm gonna John Kerry for everyone here (even though I can't believe he lost to that dipzhit Bush)....

danedwards9 - if you're looking up team contact info on behalf of your agent, I'd like to speak with you about a bridge I've got for sale that I think you might be interested in. gimme a call.