need help

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Currently, a friend is trying to get a satellite so that he can show the EPL at his bar. Unfortunately, after doing some research via phone and web, we really have no idea where to begin, and really aren't in position to call Fado's and ask how they did it.

If anyone out there knows a satellite company that carries either Sky or Sentana, or how you can acquire that via dish network or direct tv, please let me know.

Thanks

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd start by contacting setanta sport USA in San Francisco. Just tell the guy you're trying to figure out how to get a commercial feed. The soccer contact is:

srourke@setanta.com

Then I'd get ahold of Oliver Tse at SoccerTV. What he doesn't know about this subject ain't worth knowing, and he's both very friendly and willing to be of assistance. (Regardless of the crap people on BS say about him)

publisher@soccerTV.com

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Thanks, I've just emailed, I'll let you know what the response is.

4. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.setanta.com/sport/technical_help.htm

from the looks of Setanta's website, they broadcast on the C-band sattelite and you need to buy or maybe lease their decoder. Any local c-band sattelite dealer would be able to hook you up with the neccessary equipment.

Z