need help finding info on the Guate Nat'l Team

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by wjlandis, Aug 2, 2005.

1. wjlandis

wjlandis New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm doing a project for a sports management class at Uni and I basically have to find info on a team, player bios, a short paragraph on strengths and weeknesses of the player, things like that. We drew names of countries out of a hat, and then had to pick a sport. I got Guetemala and will be doing research on the National Futbol Squad.
    The only information that I have is a recording of the USA v Guatemala game back from the spring or early summer. This is definately not enough. Does anyone out there know of any websites that might have this info in English? Any bits of information that you all know of would help to. I have a list of about 35 players, their birthdates, and current clubs, but like I said need more specifics about each player much like a professional scout may want. Thanks for any help that may be coming.

2. michiganfb

michiganfb Member

Sep 14, 2004
    it's a sad story because they have some big talent that were on fire and then fell apart after the tough costa rica loss.

you might hablo with el loco rodriguez of your fav crew if they like your project. luis swisher speaks english easily. he and fredy garcia need to be called up something fierce. you should remember fredy with the crew.

i check here, prensalibre.com and rojomania.com who would be great to check with. they post here, too and will read my post.

if you don't hablo and can't get help with espanol, you could read the english articles at yahoo's fifaworldcup.com; also there was a guy (morgan perkins?) that reported out of guatemala in english over the last few years. you can find local guatemalan-americans with a sele interest in about every usa community.

a while ago i read a canadian national team site blog about seeing a elimanoria game in guate if you are interested. i will be in toronto next week and each time meet guate fans that want to talk futbol.

hopefully they will turn it on again and you will have something to follow.

buena suerte

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Greatest Guatemalan players of all-time

Yesterday i had the honor of meeting one of Guate's icon soccer goalie. None other than Guillermo Enriquez “La Pantera” Gamboa. I was visiting my father yesterday and well i saw two ladies and this black guy. I was like good afternoon to everyone, than my father says you know who this is. I was like hmmm i dont know. He said La Pantera, he was one of Guate's best goalies and he'd played with Comunicaciones. I was like wow, nice meeting you. Anyway dont want to bore you guys, he was telling me he play with the Sele aswell back in the 60s. We was mentioning all these names. I knew back on those Guate had a bad a$$ team. I asked him, wat you think bout our new sele. He was like, esos son una bola de Huevones lol. He was like they dont play with heart like in the old days, the only team he said that suprised him how they play was the U20 when Kenton was the coach. Here's some info. about him lads by the way he lives in New York now.
    [editar] Guillermo Enriquez “La Pantera” Gamboa

Jugó exclusivamente en la máxima división con dos camisolas: Comunicaciones y la selección nacional. Actuando con los cremas obtuvo cinco veces el galardón del portero menos vencido.
    http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_Social_y_Deportivo_Comunicaciones

5. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Re: Leyendas del Futbol Guatemalteco

Federico Revuelto, El apellido del guatemalteco (vértice inferior derecho) aparece en la galería donde están los nombres de los extranjeros que han pasado por ese club que ahora es el Real Madrid http://www.corazonblanco.com/wiki/Federico_Revuelto

He later on became the President of Real Madrid

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Re: Leyendas del fútbol guatemalteco

Federico Revuelto only Guatemalan to play for Real Madrid. Unfortunately we didn't have a national team during his prime.

The Guatemalan football federation was founded in 1919 and our first game was in 1921 by trashing Honduras 10-1.

Was he also the first person from a CONCACAF country to play and become a Real Madrid legend?

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Re: Leyendas del fútbol guatemalteco

Yes he was :)