Need CM Help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Footer Phooter, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    So, I just got CM3 (the old ass version) and I can't do crap. I've tried the narrow tactics, and get creamed, I've tried normal tactics and don't do very well? What do you suggest? I'm really struggling!

2. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vary your training routines. Assign the coaches to better make use of their respective skills. If you have decent r/l d mids try using a 5-3-2 formation.

3. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    Can you indicate a little more about your team and their strengths and weaknesses - without that information its a little hard to advise you on what tactics would suit them best ....

4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Well I was playing with Ajax recently with a 4-4-2 diamond formation, pretty simple stuff, but they don't seem to score that much. I'm about to get canned, so basic, "how to start your club off" would help.

5. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    You can download a fairly basic 'general guide to championship manager' from sigames.com, there are copies available which are aimed at all the seperate CM versions.

Stick to a fairly simple but defensively sound tactic while you're learning the game and ascertaining the strengths and weaknesses of your side.

I'd recommend a basic 4132 (4 defenders flat across the back, one defensive midfielder in the center, 3 midfielders (grouped relatively centrally) and two strikers) with pressing, short passing and hard tackling.

This most likely isn't the 'best' tactic for your team, but should do well enough to keep you in a job while you're learning ...

6. mundial

mundial Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guide? For free? Link?

7. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    The Sports Interactive website (sigames.com) carries all of the hints and tips documents that I've written (as do lots of the unofficial sites) ... be warned by writing style could easily be bettered (I'm more used to writting design documents than hints and tips) - but hopefully the information will be of help.

http://www.sigames.com/downloads_view.php?id=276

is a direct link to the one for CM01-02 (its in acrobat format so you'll need the 'reader' I'm afraid).

There are also data updates, editors and all manner of oddities available for CM (including extra background pictures, menubars, whole new leagues, translations etc.) available around the net if you look ...

8. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    Ive never been able to figure out the whole 'menubar' deal, or the background changes.......Im pretty lame at computers, but not completely lame.

I suppose thats something I need help with......

Is there an MLS menubar of any description?

9. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan New Member

Nov 27, 2000
    "Ive never been able to figure out the whole 'menubar' deal, or the background changes.......Im pretty lame at computers, but not completely lame. "
    If you download my hints and tips from sigames.com it details most configuration changes, a lot of the unofficial CM sites also have step by step guides to such things (a good starting point for 'unofficial' CM sites is www.thedugout.net).

"Is there an MLS menubar of any description?"
    I should imagine so, unfortunately it would be located upon an unofficial site rather than sigames.com due to legal restrictions with our site.