Nedved Seriously INJURED!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by fatdanny99, Jan 23, 2005.

1. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I admit...I really really really loathe the bianconeri...but Nedved is class.

Just saw the injury on replay...horrible looking. Even worst, Pavel's look as if he knows the gravity of the injury. My deepest sympathy for one of the best players of the last 10 years. :(

(and boy does that change the look of Juve's champions league clash with Madrid....better hope Del Piero regains form and fills in on the left for that tie....)

2. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Usually when a player breaks down in tears while being stretchered off as was reported in channel4.com's account of the match, it is because he knows he is going to be sidelined for some time. This is the worst possible news I could have gotten on this my birthday. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear Juve club doctor Riccardo Agricola's verdict. I'm still holding out hope that he won't have too long of a lay-off.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Yikes, I just saw the play where the injury occurred, and it reminded me eerily of the play that injured Del Piero in 1998. Nedved was angling toward the goal from the left side and tried a powerful left-footed shot - the defender came across attempting to block and impacted his shooting leg full force at the knee, which appeared to bend laterally. Ugh. Initial reports seemed to be that it isn't "gravissima", but I have my doubts. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

4. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Im actually pretty eager to see how we do without nedved. I wonde ri fcapello will finally give the tri attack a chance. Lets see how we play with it. But this is good news for del piero it seems hell give it his best shot to get on the starting shot.

5. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're actually happy that Nedved has a fairly serious injury?

6. CelticOnFire

CelticOnFire New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    London right now
    bummer..I really like Nedved, such a great player

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Oh, for crying out loud. Now I've heard everything.

8. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [Smacks head in disbelief] Please tell me you're joking, or are just trying to provoke a flame war. [/Smacks head in disbelief]

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: You have got to be kidding me.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Calciomercato.com, Nedved's injury is a very strong contusion but his joints seem not to have been affected. Tomorrow's MRI will reveal the true extent of his injury.

11. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    As for Del Piero, I read that Kapo went on in place of Nedved...

I didn't get to see the match as my cable's been out (except the International channels), but I hope Nedved will be okay.

When I read that he cried I was pretty sure he knew it was bad, because even if he wasn't in pain, he'd cry! Poor guy.

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So am I to tell the truth. Nedved is a great player no doubt, but the seriousness of this injury will force Juventus to

a. give Zambro the attacking role and start pesotto

b. play the trident attack (like mentioned earlier)

c. finally, roll the dice on Kapo and see if he can meet the big time; a player who seems to hold some incredible potential that Capello needs to harness.

These are the most likely options for short solutions, however with Nedved away, Juve run a serious risk on losing their CL tie which they were previously favoured to win. Nedved is the "Madrid killer" of our generation and it would be a shame to go home early only because Juve is unable to replenish missing resources.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People shouldn't write him off so quickly. Let's wait and see what tomorrow's test reveal first.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or

d. Go on the transfer market to get someone to replace Nedved.

15. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    False, alarm. Looks like Nedved is coming back in mid-February.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, he's got a deep bruise and will only be out 15-20 days. He should be back for the CL games well rested.

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The guy must have ligaments made of silly putty. If he's fully back in 3 weeks, it's quite amazing after the looks of that injury and his reaction. Juve must use special drugs. ;)

18. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I heard something about Nedved's knees during Euro 2004. Apparently, his kneecap consists of 3 parts instead of just one. Two is rare but not unusual. Three is downright freaky. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The man is a machine, I tell you. :)

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I read the same thing about him, supposedly it makes him less susceptible to severe knee injuries.

20. fermi

fermi New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    ct
    i really hope he is ok. im finally going to get to see him play for juventus and he gets injured. lets hope for a speedy recovery

21. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Channel 4 said Nedved will be ready to play Madrid on the 22nd f February.

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is the one of the biggest farces in professional sports history from a medical standpoint. ITs obvious that without thinking, Nedved has given permission to the Juventus medical staff in administering hormonal drugs like THG (tetrahydrogestrinone) and possibly EPO. These drugs increase the rate of Red Blood cell production and enable the patient to heal his injuries at an incredibly dangerous speed. Personally I think its completely inhumane, and not to mention Pavel runs the risk of permanantly damaging his long term health.

The fact that he'll return that quickly proves this theory. The whole "close call" report is Juventus covering their tracks like usual.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take off the tin foil hat. You're making yourself look bad.

24. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its obvious eh? You have proof? You gonna show me proof? No you arent. Go crawl back under your 2nd place rock.