NE @ LA Pre-match or 5/25 v 8/10 [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Coach_Barry, Aug 5, 2002.

1. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    Llamosa won't be used as a marking back. He's too slow, and his reading of the game lends itself better to a free defensive role (is there really such a thing?). I would bet that either Kante or one of the d-mids will mark Ruiz, if they don't just go with a zonal plan.

2. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    LA only has one consistent scoring threat, but they have a lot of players who are good in the air. Ruiz looked fairly dangerous in the first game but we also had problems with trailing players who have some size like Victorine, Califf, Lalas, and EZ. This would make a good argument for getting Hernandez in at D-mid over a smaller player.

3. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    I get the feeling that most folks think that we are starting the season over in some way. Certainly we have a number of new starters and combinations (Kante, Griffiths, APC w. TT, even Rusty back is sorta new if it happens) but are we capable of really improving on the way that we have been playing? Will the new pieces beget new effectiveness? I don't know but playing the Galaxy will be a good measuring stick. I'm looking forward to Sat nite but with the guarded self-preservation sensibility that any sane Rev fan needs to adopt as permanent cover.

JIM DOW

4. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Providence
    Revs 2 - LA 2

5. Revs Fan Forever

Revs Fan Forever New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    somewhere in MA
    Revs 2 - Galaxy 1

Defense will win us our 8th game of the season.
    Goal by Twellman and a goal by Chacon.