NE - how to infect the rest of the stadium?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by dmets, Jul 25, 2002.

1. dmets

dmets New Member

Apr 13, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    I think the DC game shows that general Columbus fans:

A) have voices
    B) are willing to use them
    C) if given the proper direction.

The NE has been sounding great. What ever happened - you guys have been getting it together as of late. It seems that once you guys got together, the team started playing better. Now - you need to infect the rest of the stadium. Imagine everybody who yelled "Lets" "Go" "Crew" yelling "Oh when the crew..."

What ever strides you have made with Management - keep them up.

In the long run, it will be key to get the voice in the sky "Mr Announcer Dude" to give a little direction to the crowd in combination with the NE. At least for several games. Then the crowd will feel . . . authorized to chant/yell.

Imagine if the words - "oh when the crew" are on the jumbotron and Mr. Vox in the sky is leading the chant. (just for the first couple of games).

The key is to have a trigger - music in the backgroud - it will most likely have to come from yes the scoreboard. The first couple of bars from the song. This audible cue/trigger will let the rest of the stadium know when to chant and what to chant. For the first couple of times, the Announcer might have to lead the chant - but after several games - the announcer should stop leading and just let the music be the triger - the NE can then take over the "caller" possition and thus leading the chant. The rest of the stadium is alerted to the chant by the intro music - while the NE is alerted to the fact that it needs to call the chant by the music.

SYNERGY!!!!

Anyway just a long winded idea that just might work! Proof is in the "Lets" "Go" "Crew" pudding.

Dustin

2. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just looking around on the board this was the very last post....amazing how far the supporters and fans have come since this then :)

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I'm still in shock. I was in 137 for the first game. It's amazing to see how far it's come, and equally amazing to hear people ask about expanding the section.

I was walking along the upper south concourse last night, right under the giant videoboard and could hear every word.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Enon OH Exit 49
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Aw .. CRAP!

I saw the thread title and had what I thought were the definitive answers!

Then I see the OP date and it's serious stuff calling for serious comment. Agree, amazing innit. That you dont really have to go that far back. too

Screw it.. I'll use 'em anyway:
    a) Pork Sammiches

b) Run a herd of pigs through it

Good stuff, General!

5. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did have the We Love You chant on the big screen but I don't know it worked last year.

6. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it worked out so well, we try to get the people in 134 going sometime it works other times it doesn't.....

7. Crew Cat

Crew Cat Member

May 28, 2008
    There was a game late last year when songs/chants were written out and given away at least through the tent entrance. I thought that was a great idea - at least those who may not be regulars could understand and/or join in if they felt like it.

Crew Cat

8. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like those 1980's scoreboards, one side says and the other side says
    <----WE ARE.....................MASSIVE---->

9. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Wow, that threw me for a loop. It's been forever since Dustin has been around. He and his wife had a kid and lost interest (like so many others) in the Crew during the GA years.

Dustin and Suazanne I miss ya, come to the Nordecke. It's fun again I tell ya.

10. Mitch the Butcher

May 12, 2008
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This would be sweet!

11. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was the driving force behind the Columbus flag. That flag has been around for a long time. I remember talking about it when we would watch Crew games on "Central Ohio Sport TV!" at Arlington Cafe.

12. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    I thought this would be a thread about the Revolution coming down with Swine Flu.