NDR: USA v. Mexico Watch Party

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Ponce, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You betta Brekanize

cfig repped this.
  2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what you mean by that proposed trade. I've got a bum shoulder from high school, so beershowers and throwing bags of urine are not my strengths. I probably can sharpen up my laser pointing and anthem booing skills.

JC507 repped this.
  3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Westside waiting on that Ortiz tweet to set up the next round.

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Westside's favorite USMNT player with a game winning goal.

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I had my Orozco Fiscal jersey on for the winner!!:D By the way, what was our right back doing in the box on that play? I won't complain, but I'd be surprised if half of the guys on the pitch at the end are back on the field in Azteca for qualifying.

6. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Making an impact as a sub.

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Cameron I will miss him in orange.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  8. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They did play like crap, but so did Mexico who fielded a senior side. This should make WCQ a bit more interesting when the USMNT field a senior side.

9. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    He was uneven. Made some game saving plays and also some near costly mistakes. Needs to tighten it up to win the starting role.

10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    He lost his composure for a few minutes, but gained it back. Chicharito is out of form, but his movement had to really test Geoff and Edu. Overall, I think Cameron made a huge case for himself to continue to get call ups.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  11. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Oh I agree he continues to play....but he needs to tighten his communication with back line and midfield and quit the stupid fouls when getting beat. He is good for one of those a game.

12. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Actually fairly even sides. Eight players from last qualification for Mexico and six for US per announcers. Either way it looked like two DII college teams for much of the match.

JC507 repped this.
  13. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yeah, it could've been ugly on a couple of plays for the USA, but the referee was pretty lenient.

14. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    suck it ortiz. suck it MNT. hope you enjoyed your over inflated sense of self worth and soccer importance.

USA ain't nothin to f@ck with!!

OrangeCajun and JC507 repped this.
  15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Bandwagon Ortiz has jumped back on the USMNT, I'm sure he's wearing his Where's Waldo jersey right now.

This was earlier today:

This is tonite:

The psedo self-congratulatory tweets are particularly funny tonite.

Also, noticed not much out of our co-owner De La Hoya tonite on twitter. He did re-tweet a Dynamo congratulations to Cameron but not much other U.S. pride in the result.

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Cameron was better overall than you are giving him credit for. He did have a few near mistakes but bailed out others a few times and made some great plays. He needs more experience at that level vs. top strikers which he should get more of in the EPL. Chicharito got just enough separation a few times but couldn't convert.

He seemed like focused Geoff, not distracted for the EPL Geoff tonite.

Who else would you rather have out there in the middle for the US going into 2014? Guys like DeMerit & Gooch are past their prime, Bocanegra I think is on the downslope. Edu? Eh. Boca could be the 2010 version of Gooch - a veteran in decline who costs his team in the WC. Omar Gonzalez could develop. I don't think there is the seperation between guys like Goodson and the Cameron/Gonzalez types that are getting into the lineup as much as some think.

That's the tricky part about qualifying, you need to qualify but also sort of project for the 2014 lineup as you try to guess who will step up in that time. It's about making the right choices. Bradley IMO made the wrong ones with guys like Findley.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found the below in one of the US MNT threads here. This perfectly sums up my thoughts on Orozco-Fiscal and his goal:

18. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    the voice of reason:

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...anar-a-mexico-no-es-todo-landon-donovan_42796

19. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure why orozco-fiscal was up front, but damn happy he was... ​
    [​IMG]

20. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fire dom!!!
    its ashes fault... bruin sucks...

...wait.o_O

fire chepo!!!
    its reynas fault... chicharito sucks...;)

...wait. what?

its a friendly...

learn, move on, stay on the path. Brazil.

21. ra azua

ra azua Member

May 10, 2009
    houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    why?
    we need people like him:

he goes off sometimes.. but we ALL have our faults.

22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, who was being unreasonable here that you wanted to post that? I think everyone is pretty reasonable that it is a nice win in a friendly, maybe historic, but means not a lot with respect to the World Cup and qualifying.

I knew the El Tri fans would be out with the "it's just a friendly, we didn't care about the result, we weren't trying, etc." stuff that comes up every time the US wins. Every time. Doesn't matter the context. To these folks, Mexico has not yet lost to the US when they were actually trying to win.

But the US fans get the 2009 Gold Cup final thrown up every time as a "historic" win even though we had our B/C team out there with Jay Heaps starting at right back in the final. Yes, Jay Heaps.

7seven7 repped this.
  23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    no one actually is being unreasonable. i think the dude nailed it and i didn't expect him to and that's why i used a common english phrase "the voice of reason".

btw, i think you have quite a chip on your shoulder. all agro and what not over a game. :D

24. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still a bit stunned by that whole game but pretty thrilled. And no, other than the historical nature of the 3 points it doesn't mean much, but there is a distinct positive psychological effect for the USA going into qualifying: Azteca is no longer an unwinnable match.

If nothing else this proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what we all already knew:

Somebody get Shea the hell outta Dallas.

*rey* and JC507 repped this.
  25. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    LOL...soccer is a ridiculous sport sometimes!