[NDR] Official Beckham scuttlebutt/musings/etc. thread, part II [R for LAG games]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Jul 21, 2007.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that happens. That way, Yallop can go to San Jose and we can keep Dom. :D

From the Chron:

[​IMG]

2. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's embarrassing the Galaxy feel they have to play an injured Beckham the entire game for publicity reasons. I'm sorry, but if that had been any other player, they would have been subbed out early or not have played. The last 30 minutes of the game he was just walking around. This along with the whole changing of the entire schedule for one player doesn't help the MLS image.

3. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No matter what happens in L.A., Dom is staying put, otherwise they're gonna have to pry him out of my cold dead fingers. He is the BDSC in the MLS and by God we are keeping him.

Great pick, tell him what's up Becks!

4. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had to play them because a tired, injured Becks is better then anyone they had the bench. Depth is a problem in the MLS, especially at the Galaxy.

5. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get that. But for the last 30 minutes of the game he was dead and walking.
    I think a sub could have at least chased after the ball.

6. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i agree, he was trying to hurt him but it was in return for his teammate being laid out 30 seonds earlier by a hard tackle. beckham was the next one that had the ball, so he was the one that had to pay.

i saw it as justice. "bush league" is so overused around BS. that was my only point. are eddie robinson's elbows "bush league"......no they're The Regulators. :D

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yea, Beckham gave the fowards some good chances to score but they just sucked at meeting the crosses. The Galaxy looks like Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde :rolleyes: sometimes they look like a contender and sometimes like a pretender.

Their defense just totally sucks too !!

8. The_Funkie_Junkie

The_Funkie_Junkie New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Beaumont, TX
    Ok, my two cents from the LA Chivass (yes, I did put that extra S there on purpose) game last night. The foul on Beckham should have been a red card. There was not even a chance he was going for the ball. Then the headbutt was for sure a red. There were a lot of fould not called though, and the ref didn't have control of the game from the start. Just gives the MLS a bad name because of it's refs. But we all knew that didn't we? I think playing Beckham the whole game isn't smart, but then again...they need to get their money's worth out of him. LA flat out sucks, and they have got a 2nd rate team. And the only reason they aren't a 4th or 5th rate team is because of Beckham. Anyway, that's my opinion.

9. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mostly agree with you. Although I thought Beckham had a pretty hard tackle that went uncalled. Unless the MLS wants Beckham to get killed the best way to protect him is to call the fouls just like anyone else. I personally feel the refs have given Beckham more latitude because he is Beckham. With that being said there should have been a red card for kicking Beckham in the hip from behind....there was no excuse for that. The Galaxy have no defense. It's like they have 9 forwards, Xaiver, and Cannon back there....what a joke.

10. The_Funkie_Junkie

Aug 1, 2006
    Beaumont, TX
    I think Xavier is a pretty good back. Just he has to cover everyone else's mistakes, so it might make him look a little worse than what he actually is. And saying that Marsch got Beckham in the hip gives him too much credit. He didn't even get that close to the ball. It was right in the ribs. Marsch was for sure trying to take Becks out. I think both Chivass players should be suspended for atleast 3 games.

11. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally agree Xavier is a pretty good back. I've been impressed with him. I like his "in-your-face" style. He is physical. I think Marsch was trying to take Beckham out too...hip, ribs whatever....the ball was at Beckham's feet :mad:.

Marsch probably never thought Beckham would come at him like that. :eek: I got a pretty good laugh how quickly Beckham jumped up and got into his face.

12. The_Funkie_Junkie

Aug 1, 2006
    Beaumont, TX
    Yeah, you should have heard the bar that I was at. I think everyone got a kick out of that. I had everyone at the bar bitching about watching soccer, then that happened, and they were kind of into it. I'm trying guys! I'm trying.

13. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually Cannon's had a damn good year, goals against not withstanding.

On current form, I might actually take Cannon over Onstad. Cannon has no defense in front of him right now so he's actually called to make a save every so often (like every 5 minutes).

He's made some beauties in the matches I've watched him in, both MLS and Superliga.

14. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    actually everyone knows beckham is a hothead. you get under his skin and you can get him thrown out. he's no different then Blanco in that regard.

seriously why don't you people know this?????

15. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what's wrong with that??? Gotta appreciate an athlete who is a professional but also has passion for the game. Like Waibel. . .

16. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    nothing at all. i like my players to fight.....you'll never hear me complaining about something being bush league that's for pssies. football is a man's game.

waibel and eddie robinson are 2 of my favorites. but i thought it was common knowledge that Beckham was a douche just like Blanco. all top notch players will be extreme competitors. that's how they got there.

17. bzygo

bzygo New Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Alief (Houston), Tx
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, douche as a compliment, I like it.

18. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX
    [R] For LA Colorado game, so head ups...

Yallop gonna be coaching San Jose next year cuz they're gonna fire him purty soon, especially after the Colorado mauling (at least at half time, I presume LA does not come back). I wonder who Beckham, er Lalas, would like as the coach? :D

20. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Galaxy without Bakingham is just an eye sore to watch :eek:
    I can't beleive I actually saw most of that game hoping for L.A. to some how change things around.

21. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stop the madness already. Just let the guy recover and don't bring him back until he's healthy again. If that means he only plays again next year, then so be it. He's not just here for this season. And you too, England - get a grip and leave the guy alone for a while.

23. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree wholeheartedly.

24. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, to me this speaks about the way the MLS marketed him. It was wrong to make fans buy 5 game packs to see one player, and it was wrong to change the schedule for one player.

Now the Galaxy & MLS realize the ramifications of not playing him in games. So they ask him, "David, can you go today?", and he being the player that he is says "Of course, mate, cheerio." Of course he's going to say he can go, but just freaking look at the guy, it doesn't take a genius to figure out he isn't even 70% healthy.

The Galaxy ship is sunk for this season. They have too many injuries and a terrible back line. It was nice the way they fought against Pachuca, but Beckham doesn't need to be out there and LA proved they could be just as effective without him. As per usual, he's playing great balls and making things happen, but if you really want to get your money's worth give him time to be healthy enough to be mobile.