[NDR] Interesting comments by Blanco about MLS

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Indytrojan, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not sure if this belongs in rumors and speculation but Blanco talking about MLS on an article i read on Foxsports.com,says MLS quality is pretty much the same as Mexican first division with the exception of MLS being more physical.He says here in MLS they come at you faster and harder...

but what i found most interesting is that he says MLS will be one of the most important leagues in the world in a few years and that he has had inquiries from other players about coming to MLS.....I find that very interesting

I can list alot of great players from Mexico Id love to see in a Dynamo uniform

2. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    The growth will be slow but I can't wait to see what the MLS looks like in 5-10 years. I want to hear about players coming to a team because of chances to play in Superliga, CCC, or even Libertadores. I know its a stretch but a fan can dream right?

3. Indytrojan

Indytrojan Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    what excites me is the fact that some players from European leagues who have already come over say that they took less money to come but that the money goes farther here and the quality of life is better to them.ie privacy etc...

I agree with you .In 5-10 yrs.its gonna be really a really fun league to follow.

I wonder in a country this big how many MLS teams can actually flourish....say if MLS really takes off and starts getting top notch ownership and players....would it be unreallistic to expect 20-24teams by 2017?

4. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If true, great comments by Blanco.

Some of these stars now coming over will be "cowbells" for other stars down the road. Believe me, a lot of 'em talk to each other about a lot of different things.

5. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing Indytrojan is referring to this article -

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7174354