[NDR] I WON !!! DC Cup bound !!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by bilzy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    First, Thank You to all who tried to vote. Yes, they messed up big time and since they could not verify who actually had the proper winning votes...they awarded us all the same prize package!!

We had a blast !!! I got to say Robb was way cool and the Rapids SG were awesome !!! They made the trip the best ever. We met so many great people and just had the ultimate crazy fun time!!

I need to add that the guys all raved about how they had the best fans in MLS during their interviews. And a lot of the other players agreed that Robertson was a very well fan supported stadium !!

I had a bit of fun with Juan Pablo too. He saw me in my jersey as we arrived at the hotel and he made a funny face and shook his head. I took that as a cue to remind him of his first match in Houston and told him I was sorry he wasn't up to Dynamo standards . I told him if he practiced hard he might qualify for our reserves ...someday :D

The guys I was was up against were pretty nice. The LA guy started out wrong with his "Houston Quakes" talk. It ticked DeRo off too. I was the only season ticket holder of the 3 and well, for that reason I gained a lot of support from the players too.

Since our son is only 9 we could not go to the big after party but it was still all good :) and now we are off to the MLS Cup in November !!!

2. Dynamo_Joe

Dynamo_Joe Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Texas
    Thats awesome. Congrats. I watched your shot with the players in the goal drinking the Sierra Mist. Mastro swished his around and spat it out behind you guys. LOL. I guess he doesn't like SM.

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations, Bilzy!! I know I personally voted for you innumeral times. :D

Now a question for you, I was watching the game this morning, I recorded it, and there are a man and a lady (I think, it's hard to tell) before the game, when it's raining, wearing Dynamo jerseys and covering their heads with towels. Is that you and your husband or another Dynamo couple?

4. Nesh

Nesh New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Houston
  5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats...I know a ton of us at the Mezz voted for you (or at least tried to).

6. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Yea, the Sierra Mist was way hot and then Pablo shook his all up before they decided we should do a toast :D He was catching the over flow and turning to spit it out. It was pretty funny because his drink kept shooting up. DeRo and I were trying not to drink but we both got a taste on accident :eek:. By then Pablo said it tasted like "old boot" and I was just struggling not to spit my drink out on camera. It was hot,hot, hot and that just isn't a good thing because even cold it isn't a good drink!!

7. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    That had to be another couple. I was carrying a "Vote for me" sign and meeting all sorts of people pre-game. Yea, Bob Bradley said he'd vote for me and later said he forgot to. We had a good little chat about what the MNT needs...more Dynamo players :D He thought I was "weird" in a "funny way" .
    I had the Celtic fans in my camp, the DC fans, the MLS Camp guys and loads of youth teams. I even shouted up to Becks to vote for me. He just stared at me...

Cool thing...when Toja scored we were right at the corner on field. It took everything for me not to run out and celebrate with the guys. They were all of 10 ft away !!!

I saw Dom and Spencer was a blast. He was so happy we won. To be honest everyone was. Conrad said my son deserved it. Gomez was happy for him/us. Ronnie was really excited for us. Joseph was happy. Even Sala seemed happy.

The coolest for me was Eddie Pope congratulating us and telling my son he knew he'd be in the MLS someday soon.

8. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome, bilzy - I'm so glad they "decided" that at least the one season ticket holder out of the bunch got to win... :D

9. robbzipp

robbzipp New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Spring, Texas, USA
    Nice to meet you and the family, Frieda. It was nice to see some other Dynamo fans up in Colorado Territory.

10. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Pretty nice? Um, I don't remember being anything but super awesomely superbly nice to everyone the entire time we were there. :rolleyes: :p

11. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Oh yea ;) Hey, have you made it to a game yet? You really need to go and get a true MLS experience.

We were at the FCD / Galaxy match last night! It was pretty awesome but tonight will be the best!!

12. Wildcatter Orange

Wildcatter Orange New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    bilzy, no disrespect intended but ...

Who are you exactly? You always post about talking with this player and that player and this coach and that coach and it has me curious. Are you affiliated with the team? Related to somebody?

I may be the only person on here who doesn't know or who even cares but whenever I read your posts I wonder what your story is.

13. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ditto:)

14. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    I'm just someone who has been going to games for years and have kind of made a few good friends around the league in that time :) I'm definitely no one . Well, I guess I am blessed and lucky but otherwise I'm just a fan of the league.

15. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Soon... very soon. :D Everytime I've wanted to go, Shannon hasn't wanted to and I can't go without her when we travel to visit our families in L.A., but now that she's experienced it first hand we're definitely going and buying season tickets for the Quakes next year so we can see the Galaxy when they come to town. WOO HOO!

I freakin' missed the Galaxy game last night because I was watching Hot Fuzz (which, by the way, is HYSTERICAL) and that would've been a great game to see. I hate being so far away from my team... :(

16. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    She's bilzy... obviously. ;) :p

17. Machus

Machus New Member

Mar 19, 2007

HI Bilzy!

Please write for my PM's :). I am waiting.

18. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    And that boys and girls is what a true fan looks like. I don't see how you didn't win this contest in a landslide.

19. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, I was watching Hot Fuzz (which is freaking hilarious) at about the same time. I figured it'd be a good way to kill some time until Pachuca v ********ingGoats started. Especially since there was no game being played by a team I remotely care about...

20. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    So by your estimation a "true fan" watches every single game that is broadcast, without ever missing a match at all, EVER? Wow... I guess I shouldn't call myself a true fan then.

Boy, I certainly feel horrible about myself now because I really thought I was truly dedicated to supporting my team the best way I could. Maybe I need to rethink my entire life now... thanks for helping me get a grip on what a fan should be. I'll go off and skulk in the corner now, muttering to myself in gibberish.

Get real. :rolleyes:

21. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    I normally play soccer on Tuesday nights but I stayed home and started watching the movie, completely forgetting that my boys were playing in Dallas. D'oh!

I HOPE EVERYONE CAN FORGIVE ME FOR NOT PROPERLY SUPPORTING MY TEAM!!!!!!! PLEASE!?!??!??!!!?? *sniffle* *sob*

:rolleyes: :p

22. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you boring us to death with these lame posts? Shouldn't you be watching Hot Fuzz?

23. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    There are valid reasons for not watching a game, but watching a movie that you can watch any time isn't one of them. And since the whole point of the contest was to find the best fan it's laughable that you would even be considered.

24. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only time I've ever missed a game is when I was out of town or sick, and when I was sick I still watched the games on TV.

But you're an LA fan, so the standards for supporting your team are lower.

25. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Excuse me for having other interests in life outside of soccer and the Galaxy. You might want to try it sometime... getting a life, I mean. It's actually quite nice on occasion.

Why am I explaining myself to you, anyways? Your opinion doesn't matter to me in the least. I support my team the best way I can and that's good enough for me.