[NDR] Going to a match in Italy

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Forever, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying to figure out how to buy tickets to an AS Roma match in April. Does anyone have any experience buying tickets abroad or know of a trusted website I can use to buy tickets. I'm a little paranoid and going to the AS Roma website to buy tickets isn't as straight forward as I had hoped.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Did you try asking on the AS Roma board here on BS? I ask because I had the same question when going to a Real Madrid match. The guys on the RM board were helpful. Turns out you buy them online and then use the same card at the ticket window at Bernabau to print the tickets.

Weird, just realized I'm actually wearing an AS Roma shirt right now.

3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Your best bet is probably calling. Most Euro ticket offices have English speakers. Usually it depends on club, fixture and date. Most clubs across Europe have memberships that allow them to get first dibs to at large tickets. The general non membership public has last dibs. A lot of clubs won't sell at large tickets until about two weeks out from the match (at least in the big leagues). Sucky system but that is how it rolls. I missed out on getting Bayern tix last Friday for this very reason. But again it depends on who Roma is playing,etc. Good luck

4. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the team's site isn't helpful, you could try your hotel. If you already have a reservation, you could even call now and ask for the concierge. They should at least be able to give you an estimate of how much it would cost. I've found that using the hotel usually works, but it'll cost you a premium.

I've found the best prices by just going to the stadium box office. That's also good for familiarizing yourself with the transport to/from the stadium and what the surrounding area may be like.

*rey* repped this.
  5. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    worst case scenario, show up without a ticket. game day scalpers abound. look for the friendly family or happy drunks with the extra ticket.

DNez2001 repped this.