(NDR) Copa Libertadores Final(R).....What can go wrong.

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Bandido, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Boca Jr. visits Porto Alegre to play against Gremio with a three goal lead tonight at 7:30 p.m. it will be on Fox Sports Español.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/noticia.php?id_noticia=40460

I missed the first game. but watching La Previa it looks like it's going to be a fun game to watch. The stadium is already full. a lot of Boca supporters have made the trip from Argentina. The announcers are saying that the Gremio fans were mistreated on the first game. and that the Brazilian press has been filling people's hearts with hate. I have seen Boca's bus being attacked with stuff thrown at it.

Gremio has to win by four goals. watching their fans making the 4-0 sign means they know what their team has to do. Flares and bombs can be seen and heard under the beautiful veiw of the moon in this night's sky.

2. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thank you Sir. :) but it's in Portuguese:confused:

The stadium looks awesome. the FSE are Argentine,so there's a little bias there. They were talking about how hard of a time they and others covering the match have gotten by Gremio and Porto Alegre officials. but the colors and fans look great in the stadium.

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the tip Bandido. It looks cool. You think anybody's tires are gonna get slashed in the parking lot? :rolleyes: I think they're in desperate need of a 5Star. And how the hell are they going to play with those big credit cards in the middle of the field?

I think the "Copa Libertadores: La Película" clips are awesome. Dynamo should do that for pregame, the one they use now is getting a little old....

5. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I got hooked when they started to show how tense things were at the Boca hotel. sorrounded by SWAT type squads. and they were saying how buses from Argentina were turned back. and how some press guy was beaten up in Porto Alegre and stuff.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might be a scary game to go to, especially if you're a Boca fan. But then, being a Chivas fan in Argentina would have been scary in '05. Remember the guy that jumped the fence and punched a Mexican player? And the police coulnd't quite catch him when he ran back over the fence? And when the Boca coach spat on Bofo? Good times in the Libertadores in South America.

Remind me: when Dynamo play down there, I might want to think twice before I buy my ticket. :rolleyes:

7. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I remember when the Boca coach spat at El Bofo but I can't recall the fan incident. There's already problems in the stands at Estadio Olimpico.:eek:

8. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Look at that scene as Gremio come on into the field!! Amazing !!

9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's 5 Star???? I think I saw a flare. :eek:

Actually, I'm not sure I didn't see a part of the stadium without a flare. :rolleyes:

and have you noticed that the Dynamo don't do the fireworks off the top of the stadium like they did last year? I liked that. They were doing that there too, only it was hard to see it with everybody using their private fireworks....

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a fan, you could clearly see him while all the rest of it was going on, after Bofo was kicked out, he climbed the fence and tried to punch him (I think, that part I'm not real sure of, you know I'm old, but I think it was Bofo...), then the police sort of Keystone Cops tried to chase him, but he climbed up the huge fence they had and got away. The police were jumping up trying to pull him down, haha, like they couldn't climb the fence too.

11. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You'd think you were in London with all that fog. but it's all the flares !!

12. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I hope nobody gets hit by a waving flag. :rolleyes:

13. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    As the game starts. the pitch looks a wonderful green. Boca was forced to use their yellow shorts.
    #10 Riquelme is going to want to hold the ball for Boca. he most likely go play in Spain next season.
    Palermo might go to El America of Mexico.

14. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    They play the game with so much speed down there. Boca is not closing ranks, they go on the attack when they get a chance. Gremio looks to go foward and fight for every ball in every part of the field.

12'

0-0

15. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Ref. has been reluctant to show any cards despite some hard tackles, mostly from Gremio. the Brazileans feel Boca players are taking too long on the re-starts. Gremio players tend to lose players on red cards almost every game in this tourney.

26'

0-0

16. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Palacios close to a score for Boca. but Gremio goalie sent it for a corner. Gremio starting to look to rush themselves.

17. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's just a war in the field between these two. strong battles rage inside the Boca box, but thanks to the Boca goalie and poor crossing by Lucio a couple of times, have kept a clean sheet for Boca.

33'

0-0

18. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gremio better get busy if they think they're going to score 4 goals.

19. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Palermo came close for Boca. the Argentine squad has looked more dangerous when on the attack. Gremio has had more chances. Boca can lose by two and still claim the Cup.

40'

0-0

20. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Gremio had a shot hit the post around the 43rd minute. There's already players pushing each other. Gremio might lose their cool if they don't score soon and feel the game is lost.

Boca just don't run up the field on the counters, they build the plays well all the way to the endline.

HALFTIME.

Boca 45 minutes away from winning the Cup.

0-0

21. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Second half underway. Gremio has to give it's all if they want to win this game. the fans in the stands are doing just that with their chants.

Gremio came close to a gol but the ball hits the post, goalie gets to the ball before the foward on the rebound, and gets hit by a Gremio player who earns a yellow for his problems.

Things start to get rowdy in the stands with things being thrown between the hinchas. the police are in the middle of them.

22. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Lucio takes a wicked shot that goes just wide. Gremio playing with only two backs now.

58'

0-0

Gremio needs four goals.

23. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcers on Rádio Gaúcha said that some large smoke bombs and flares were thrown into the visiting Boca fans section, followed by some large smoke bombs being hurled into the Grêmio crowd. They say that the police are being too slow to respond.

They also said that there are over 43,000 fans in the stadium.

And they mentioned the Gold Cup semis during their random run down of international soccer news. :D

24. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Yea, they said that a lot of fans from both teams went to the stadium with no tickets, and would be outside trying to get in.

69'

0-0

25. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    GOOOOOOOOL

GOLAZO

Riquelme !!

1-0 Boca