NCR: Usa Vs Mexico on TWC?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by keeper1031, Aug 5, 2009.

1. keeper1031

keeper1031 Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Cbus ohio
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does anybody know if time warner cable in columbus will have the usa game?

2. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. CelticCrew

CelticCrew Member

Apr 23, 2007
    f-ton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I turned on Channel 802 last night, there was a message that I needed to contact the cable provider to receive the channel. I have their digital package (so I can get FSC) and would think I should have MUN2, but...

5. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be at Ruby's to watch the game and I know they'll have it

6. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have verification they signed up for the Spanish package for the match? I know the free preview of Mun2 doesn't apply to commercial customers like bars.

7. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bartender told me last crew game that they'd have the game on TV so that's what I'm operating on.

8. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TW's Spanish package is an entirely seperate package from their digital variety package. If TW doesn't offer the mun2 free preview, you have to call and order it. (It's like their digital variety and digital movie packages. You can get one without getting the other, although to be fair, if you get both variety and movie, you get a discount called the Premier Digital or something like that, but you get the picture...two seperate deals.)

I -think- it's between $5-$8 for the package for one month, but you might be able to sweet talk your way into a discount since you're only interested in it for a couple of hours.

Of course, Claddagh is also an option.

9. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As discussed, there are numerous releases regarding the 'free preview' of Mun2 for gameday. Time Warner Mid-Ohio had no clue regarding this, which leads me to be very, very wary about relying on it.

I just picked up the latino package and it was $5.17 total. The lady would not negotiate with me regarding price, but assured me that it is pro-rated -- meaning worst case scenario the game shouldn't cost me more than $2.50.

10. Gman777

Gman777 Member

May 29, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is ridiculous that we are even discussing if the game will be broadcasted in English with easy access to most fans. This game and the one on Feb 11 were the two games ESPN had to pick up....out of all the qualifiers, no matter the cost. It is a travesty people will have trouble seeing this game in English.

11. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't understand why NBC Universal hasn't stepped in and moved the english broadcast from Mun2 to USA network or something. Figure it has to get better ratings than NCIS re-runs.

12. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I just called my time warner rep, he said it costs $4.95 to get Mun2 (as well as 15 other latino channels) for 1 month. I am just going to do that, 5$ is less then I would spend going to a sports bar.

13. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mun2 on TW is not HD. Sports bar might have the feed in HD from Dish/Direct/someone-else... Can we get a confirmation on this from someone familiar with Claddaugh?

14. CrewBeat

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The atmosphere probably won't be the same on your couch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    True. However, you CAN:
    1. Sit wherever you want on a moments notice instead of getting there 3 hours in advance.
    2. Drink 6 beers for $9 instead of 1.75 beers.
    3. Have a clean bathroom.
    4. Watch in the nude.
    5. Blast The Gypsy King's version of Hotel California ALL GAME LONG, if you were so inclined.
    6. Toil over your Trophy Manager line up and tactics WHILE watching the game.

16. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    haha. True, but I'll probably be up at college by then, and there aren't any bars near there that will have that type of atmosphere.

17. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dealing with people is overrated. Especially ones that share the same interests. IRL everyone should just stay at home and communicate via wireless devices.

18. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Dealing with people is very accurately rated. Case in point.

19. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you do realize 6 beers for $9 is the equiv of 1.50 beers, right?

20. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I think he meant you can get 1.75 beers for 9$?

Maybe not

21. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe my sarcastic assholeness misspoke. I am advocating for everyone to go to bars and or party with as many other soccer fans as possible nothing else ;)

22. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Correct. One and three-quarters, not $1.75.

I admit, the atmosphere at Claddagh, Ruby's, Fado, is great. If I didn't have to drive all the way from Galena AND shirk the childcare responsibilities, I'd probably go down there as well.

23. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $9 for 1.75 beers is $5.1428 per beer. Completely unrealistic for a bar to charge a price like that.

24. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen it talked about being on TW, Dish, and Direct, but does anyone know if mun2 is going to be shown on AT&T? Haven't seen it posted anywhere on here or in the other thread. I have to work at 6:00 that night, which is basically right when the final whistle is going to blow. So it would be much easier to watch from my house than from the bar. Thanks for info.

25. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do what Graham does and bring the kid(s) to Claddaghs for a family fun filled night!:D