NCR: Taxi for Michigan!

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Eggy, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That's right. Get the ******** out.

Sorry Trev :D

2. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    The avatar and sig. says it all.

3. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does that taxi go all the way to Pasadena?

Fvckers.

4. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So they found a way to back themselves into the Rose Bowl, who cares? They got their ass handed to them in the only GAME that matters.

Anyway you have to put Meatchicken's ceral on a plate because if you put it in a bowl they'd lose it.

5. ripman88

ripman88 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Co lum bus
    yup, then it drives right back. just like last year.

6. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top of the Big Ten two years in a row, I'll take it. Enjoy the Sun Bowl or whatever non-New Year's Day bowl you'll be playing in.

I must be a gracious loser though, we were outplayed this year.

Also, I like the fact that U of M/OSU doesn't play for any kind of trophy, it's just a pure rivalry.

I'll take that taxi though, all the way to the tournament of roses, now go jump in your lake. :)

7. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just like last year, Michigan is going to embarrass the Big Ten by getting dominated by the Pac-10 in the Rose Bowl. If Ohio State can shred the UM defense just think of what the Cal Bears are going to do to it.

8. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations. You guys get the booby prize for believing that beating Michigan is more important that winning the Big Ten. This will forever be the why "Meatchicken"
    fans look down our pompous noses towards OSU. Enjoy your future of 7-5 seasons because you only know how to bring to one game every year.

9. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    How did MFRONE's post give you that idea, about the Michigan game being more important that winning the Big Ten? He made a valid point - OSU's offense was ranked, I believe, in the 100s. It must be a little unsettling to see such a piss-poor offense shred Michigan, knowing that Cal's offense is incredibly better.

10. swittler

swittler Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Columbus
    lets not forget that Michigan lost to my Irish who are going to beat USC next weekend. ND can beat the teams ranked in the top ten it is just the teams the are low ranked or not ranked at all that we have problems with. right hang?

11. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My response lumped in myshap's statement, also. The Rose Bowl is the icing on the cake for another Big Ten championship. Regardless of how they fare against Cal, I'm still incredibly proud of this team. This was supposed to be a down year for them given their QB and RB situation. Like it or not, Michigan has consistently been the best program over the last 10-12 years. That's regardless of whether they stink it up on the occassional game.

12. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    That's the difference between OSU and Meatchicken. Since the Tressel era started, we've usually come up big in the "big games". 3-1 vs you guys, 2-1 in bowl games. When we lose, it's usually a very close game with the only exception being the Iowa game this year. You guys on the other hand usually get embarrased by the likes of Pac-10 "middle of the table teams" like Oregon and Washington, or traditional programs like ND. And your misery in the Rose Bowl will continue with Cal this year. But just be glad, it could have been worse. It could have been another match with USC.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. I agree. Little Brown Jug, Old Brass Spitoon, that axe (forget what it's called), etc. People say Columbus Crew can be "mickey mouse", i'd rather talk about some of these rivalry trophies.

Lake Michigan? Sorry, that's your lake.

Next?

14. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bullmother********enshit on that. Meatchicken didn't WIN a damn thing. Their ass got handed to them by OSU and they had to get Iowa, ********ing IOWA, to win the Big 10 for them.

Well I hope Meatchicken enjoys getting their ass handed to them again. By a Pac-10 team to boot. That's ********'s funny.

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed. All week long, I was thinking "it's gonna be another michigan slaughter of OSU." Then about Thursday, I started thinking "don't count your chickens before they hatch." Still, I looked at the standings and prepared for the worst.

When Gonzalez caught that TD pass, I thought "so we scored. There's still a LOT of time left."

Then not only did OSU win, but they beat the #7 ranked team by more than 2 touchdowns. Impressive, no matter how you slice it.

Michigan's juniors and seniors never won in Columbus. Tressel is now 3-1 against UofM, a fine record. Yeah, it will work itself out over time, but they'd have to lose 2 straight, to get to .500, something that hasn't happened since the 1999 & 2000 games.

Recently speaking, this is as close as rivalries can get. Over the past seven years, the record stands at OSU 4 wins (04, 02, 01, 98) , Michigan 3 (03, 00, 99) wins. If you throw in the past 52 or so years, it's just about dead even. I believe the record is now OSU 26, Michigan 25, and either 1 or 2 ties. There've been 2 ties total, but I can't remember off-hand when the first one was.

As for the bowl situation, yes, they did need help. Yes, they got there, but they did need help. So no one's really correct on this one. Michigan fans will say "we got there" and OSU fans will say "with help." That's kinda like the old "i'm better than you!" argument two kids have. Pretty much pointless.

OSU gets bragging rights for a year, and we'll see you next year.

16. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I didn't. I thought OSU was going to win no doubt. First off, Lloyd Carr always loses at least two games he should have won. Every single year except 97, when Woodson stepped up his game. Second of all, Meatchicken is a poor ass road team. they're so used to having everyone show up to the Big Mouse and kowtowing to them, they think they can do the same ******** on the road in a big game situation and still win(OSU is the same way though).

Furthermore, there's no debate, they lost the Big 10, IOWA won it.

17. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assumed that the "Crew" was chosen in respect to your state's steel working history (though I may be wrong). If that's "Mickey Mouse", then fine, the history of those trophies are as "Mickey Mouse" as the Crew's name, if that's what you like.

Do you, or have you, attended Ohio State? I'm talking about Mirror Lake, an Ohio State tradition.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Nothing to do with the state or steel.

19. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They should have called the team the Columbus Orange Barrells and the colors Neon Orange and Reflective White.

Would have fit the city perfectly.

Yet does someone want to explain to me how the name "Fire" isn't Mickey Mouse? It's at least equally as bad as any other team name in MLS.

20. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I figured it was something like that. It's hard to be too disappointed when you win a conference title with freshmen at quarterback and running back.

21. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually they had a share of the Big 10 title whether or not Iowa beat Wisconsin...but why let the fact's get in the way. Iowa gifted them the Rose Bowl, not the Big Ten title.

I was pretty bummed on Saturday...for about 3 hours. As much as I wanted Michigan to win, I'll take another trip to Pasadena over beating the Buckeyes any year. However it appears the opposite is true for many of you, why is that? Playing in the Alamo or Sun Bowls isn't going to help recruiting very much.

22. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    This is going to get old really fast..

One off year and they are playing in "crappy" bowls every year. I don't know if you noticed or not but OSU played in a BCS Bowl the previous two seasons including winning the NT 2 years ago.

They lost about 2/3rds of their starting players to the NFL and never settled on a starting QB until half-way through the season. I am not disappointed at all and neither will any recruits.

23. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    That's bullshít. It's not like we're going to need a big bowl game to get recognition. Ohio is arguably one of the biggest football states in the country. Alot of the best players are local. Players from Florida or California or wherever know what they're getting at Ohio State.

I hope Michigan wins the Rose Bowl. It will just be players from Ohio winning it anyways.

24. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not just one crappy season when the recruiting wars are in full swing. It's a crappy season mixed with an NCAA investigation and HS kids with their moms aren't nearly as reasonable as most adults. Every other Big Ten school will mention the Clarett fiasco when they are talking to a player's family and that might carry some weight, who knows. Fair or not, that's how recruiting goes.

BTW I never said they were playing in crappy bowls...just a crappy bowl this year

25. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    [​IMG]

This is a great pic.