NCR: Ohio State soccer doubleheader live on www.underground.fm

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Aaron Stollar, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Aaron Stollar

Aaron Stollar Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Falls Church, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Crew fans, If you can't make it out to Jesse Owens Stadium this Friday, tune into the Student Home of the Buckeyes for the Ohio State soccer doubleheader as the men take on Valparaiso at 5:00 and then the reigning Big Ten champion women's squad take on the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Tune in at www.underground.fm for live commentary of both matches on Friday beginning at 5:00 pm for the first match. Aaron Stollar (play-by-play) and Scott Barthelmas (color) will be calling the match.

Thanks and if you happen to be at the game, come by during a break and say hi.

2. Chris_Bailey

Chris_Bailey Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I heard that Aaron Stollar guy is a DC fan in disguise, does this mean his broadcast will be filled with Hudson-esque analogies?

If so, I'll listen.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I find it amazing that aaron can be in two states at one time.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, hurry on over and pay actual money to see this once-in-a-lifetime sporting spectacular, as the 1 - 6 Ohio State "Buckeyes", who have scored exactly ONE goal in seven games this year, takes on the famous "Prancing Queens" of Valparaiso, whose record is an equally impressive 0 - 7.

Valpo, having scored TWO goals this season, will try it's "Three Stooges" offense against Ohio State's reknowned "Swiss Cheese" defense, which has helped the Bucks' keeper TWICE set school records for saves in a game.

Like they say in the ads, I'm sure that "choice seats" are "still available".

5. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    be honest uncle pervy. there just won't be enough 16 year old girls there for you.

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There won't be enough girls of ANY age there. Coeds, MILF's, Grannies, nuns, B Girls or vals. Nothing.

Besides, now that I have a son who's 16, he gets all the hotties anyway. I'm constantly amazed at how many girls are more interested in talking to a six foot tall, tan, incredibly fit young midfielder then in talking to a wise, mature, well-fed (cough) older guy.

Why, you'd think I wasn't even there. Go figure.

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who knew that Andy Rosenbaum and Jake Traeger meant so much to the Buckeyes?

8. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    This post says so much about 'Bill Archer' i'm speechless...

Have a nice day, Bill.

9. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Listen - stop by BankOne, fill out the loan papers and go buy yourself a sense of humor.

Good point.

And maybe the team is waiting for somebody to step up and fill their shoes. Skill is easier to replace than leadership sometimes.

10. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bill, take some of those 16 year olds your son brings home and wave a couple 1000 dollars under their noses and see the puppets dance.

I've never been to an OSU soccer game before. I've seen several other schools, but not OSU. Who knows, I might try to catch it. I really wish more Crew fans, myself included, would support OSU soccer more. The more interest we show in the program the better recruits Bluem can get because Geiger might be willing to up the scholls for the program. I figure if we could get about 5-6K a game at JOMS the soccer team would fund itself instead of living off the football and basketball programs. If you really think about it OSU has built some really nice facilities for fans to enjoy. Plus I've been impressed with what Bluem has done with the program considing there really was no real program at OSU before him. Bill, your up on HS soccer, didn't he just get in like 3 or 4 legitimate All-Americans this year?

11. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    John Bluem is awesome - knew him back in the mid-70's when he played for the Tampa Bay Rowdies. He's doing a great job at OSU.......

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not trying to change the subject, but for some reason, i'm thinking OSU had a really stellar GK during the mid - late 90's. Can't remember his name, though.

13. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) He doesn't share well at all.

2) My wife has many sharp objects

3) Can you loan me a thousand dollars please?

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just an update since "aronstal" folds his tents like the arabs:

This painful match went 110 minutes to a 0 - 0 draw. Valpo had NO shots on goal. None. Zip. Zero.

Ohio State had three. In 110 freakin minutes. Security was passing out alarm clocks.

The Schmuckeyes followed this bravura performance with a 1 - 0 lloss to Duquesne. Yes, Duquesne. Yes, you read it right. Duquesne.

This despite an 11 - 0 advantage in corner kicks.

Columbus police have issued an APB for the OSU offense which has, in NINE games so far this season, scored ONE GODDAM GOAL.