NCR: Indoor Soccer at Sportsite?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Robb W, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Has anyone ever played in an indoor adult league at Sportsite on Henderson Road? I'm looking to join a team for the winter (season starts in January) and want to know if people have ever played here. I'd be particularly interested in hearing how it went if you joined as a single person and got put on a team (which at this point is my plan of attack).

2. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never joined as a single but I played over there a little last indoor season on their FieldTurf field. It wasn't too bad. I don't like it nearly as much as Sportsbarn or SoccerFirst. The level of play is typically higher at the 'barn and SoccerFirst...at least that I have noticed.

3. negativetouch

negativetouch Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    where's a good over the hill chain smoker heavy drinker league?

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I used to play in the Men's Wednesday night league there at SportSite, it was alright. That was back when they had two fields with that crappy indoor/outdoor carpet and the competition was pretty stiff.

Still play sparingly there for my Sunday Co-Ed team, I had to retire from the carpeted fields after blowing out my second ACL back in April over on the carpet at SoccerFirst <blew out the first one at the same place, same field 10 years prior> so I am only playing on the Field Turf stuff over at SportSite and All-Star <formerly the Continent>.

5. Robb W

Robb W New Member

Jan 31, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Well, I've been away from the game for about 9 years (since I was 16), so that might not make a difference.

Thanks for all the advice.