NCAA Basketball March Madness 13

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Playboy Red Devil, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts exactly. One of those "Bad End" moments.

2. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Go Wichita State.

3. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I land like that all the time when playing bball, volleyball, and many times in soccer. I wonder how the leg virtually snapped like that. Very unfortunate for him.

4. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Louisville!!!

5. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I did not watch it but I heard it was a great game.

The curse of Weber still lives!

6. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great college basketball game. The refs allowed it to be physical, which enabled that frenzied defense of Louisville's to do its job*, so the second half looked ugly but it was in fact a lot of fun to watch. There were some giant plays by kids absolutely determined to give everything. I'm sitting in my office right now looking out the window at the UM campus, so of course I was pulling for Michigan, but damn that was a good game.

*The courtside reporter overheard Pitino about midway through the first half telling his guys they needed to "play closer to the ball" (meaning step up the defensive intensity) and all hell broke loose after that. I was impressed Michigan hung with them as well as they did after that.

7. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And Pitino's now won at two different programs. Not just at two programs (that's never been done before, either), but two bitter rivals and multiple title winners in arguably the biggest college basketball state in the country.

Maybe he can get some Louistucky Wildcards shirts to wear out in public when he retires so he doesn't offend either program.

8. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When's he moving on to the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky or the Racers of Murray State? ;)

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They probably can't afford him :D

I was surprised he returned to college ball after leaving Boston. It's not like you can go any higher than Kentucky- even Louisville and Duke are a slight step down from there. I'd consider Indiana or UCLA or maybe Kansas to be a program of near-equal status, but he's pretty much made Louisville since Denny left.

10. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would love to take him at UCLA. He fit right in with the media and the glamor.

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You guys get rid of coaches too quickly. John Wooden coached over 15 seasons at UCLA before winning his first title. If you'd been as patient with Gene Bartow (followed John Wooden in 1975, went to the 1976 Final Four, lost and was fired) you might have more banners than you do now. It's been like a revolving door ever snce, even with Harrick (who won).

12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good friend of mine was sitting immediately to his left. I didn't find out she was next to him until she mentioned it last year.