NC State-Howard (r)

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Sandon Mibut, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The Pack wins 3-0.

http://gopack.ocsn.com/sports/m-soccer/recaps/100103aaa.html

Beating Howard, whose glory years are long a thing of the past, is in itself no big deal for most ACC teams.

But, in year's past a game like this was not a gimmee for State but this year they apparently put it away fairly easily.

Playmaker Federico Peria had two goals and a helper and defender Chris Gannon, the Pack's only senior starter, had a goal and an assist.

I can't remeber the last time NC State was either two games over .500 or had a four-game winning streak.

Fixxer, can we say the Pack is back, yet?

2. PB04

PB04 New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    The Pack are playing better each game and appear to be gaining confidence. The defense has four straight shutouts and has only given up 2 goals in the last 6 games (1 a PK at Maryland). The offense counter attacks very well and they've been doing this without their fastest player Bryant Salter, who has been injured for much of the season. As you stated, they have one senior starter, so things are finally looking up for the Pack.

The Pack has a VERY difficult game this Saturday night at Wake Forest. Win or lose though, I think they have a good chance of beating both Duke and UNC and finish 4-2 in the ACC (but with Tarantini at the helm who knows what will happen). :)

3. k1v1n

k1v1n New Member

May 4, 2002
    The Pack totally dominated Howard, and GT gave almost everyone a chance to play.

Salter looked pretty good just kicking it around before the game and at the half. Any idea when he'll be back? They could really use him this Saturday.

Gannon's assist on Peria's second goal was a thing of beauty. What a ball! No way Peria doesn't put that one away.

And George, I can't remember a time when I've seen him so relaxed. He's still his vocal self on the sideline, but he's also smiling, laughing, and even chatting with fans after the games. He's most definitely enjoying the season. Unlike some other coaches we've discussed recently--no one can ever accuse George of not having a passion for the game.

4. LuvDaBears

LuvDaBears New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    USA
    Nice to hear that GT is smiling, more relaxed, etc.
    It's amazing what they can do with new pharmaceuticals.