NBR: SC stuff, news, columbia, charleston, anything.

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by AguiluchoMerengue, Dec 15, 2008.

1. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hey i have a question.

other than folly beach, any other place in south carolina to surf some waves? if not, where would be the closest place to columbia to go and at least try some descent ones?

i need go surf some, i miss my cali life. if anybody knows about this things, let me know ;)

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ive got a few friends that surf Folly alot. I htink Sullivan's Island also see some local action.

I know folly holds some comps as well
    here is a website
    http://www.follybeach.com/surfing.php

3. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    well introduce me to some of your friends, i need some buddies so when I go to surf i dont look silly looking around for good spots, sp if they are females, thats better ;)

I know i know i keep saying i gone go to one of the games but i've been working so much, got some credit cards to pay.

ill def hit you up when i go the game though, thanks for the info.

If any of your friends wants to give me a tour on the surf thing, let me know, ill appreciate that.

peace

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the youth club circuit, SC just had 2 boys teams win the Southern Regionals, this is huge. The U-18 DSC Mutiny with Enzo and Lundy beat a team from Georgia in the final, 91 Fury Gold, 5-1. The U-16 CESA 92 Premier beat the Dallas Texans Red 2-0. They advance to the Nationals in July. (for the uninitiated, US Soccer divides the country into 4 regions, the Regionals bring the state champions together for a tourney. The winners advance to the Nationals and eventually, a national champion is crowned. It's US Soccer's version of the Big Dance. SC is in Region III with 11 southern states, Texas being the 800 pound gorilla that usually wins everything.)

Back when my boys were playing in the 90's/early 2000's, a SC team was considered successful at Regionals if they drew or won a game in group play. On a very rare occasion did a team ever make it out of group play to the knockout rounds. There was a U-18 girls team back around 2000, GFC Black I believe, that won Regionals and went on to Nationals but I believe they're the only team to make it this far. Well done to SC, we're getting better.

5. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    since is off season, whats up? :D

6. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    hey man are you still around coastal? is about time for me to apply to schools. coastal is still an option :D